PDA

View Full Version : Minor league cards

larry frazier
12-30-2010, 09:58 AM
I am a new kid on the block, and i have made some mistakes on the forums. I hope that I am doing this correctly! Where can I find 1949-60 BB minor league cards? I am especially interested in Roger Maras who would later change his name to Maris. Jack Reed who was on the 1961 Yankees, the greatest team to play pro baseball, my opinion, and Chuck Connors of the Rifleman t.v. series. Thanks

fkw
01-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Ive seen them on eBay. It may take a year or 2 but they are offered at times on eBay.

Connors can be found in the 1950 V356 set, I saw at least 3-4 offered on eBay in 2 last year.

Here is one that I picked up cheap and later sold
http://centuryoldcards.com/images/1950v362connors.jpg

Connor is also found in the scarce Cuban issue 1949/50 Acebo y Cia
I saw at least one offered on eBay in last 3 years or so.

Maras (Maris) has 2 cards in the 1953 Fargo-Morehead Twins team Issued PC size cards, they are scarce and its been a few years since Ive seen one offered that I can remember.

Jack Reed, dont know who he is, sorry.

larry frazier
01-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Jack Reed is the only player who is hindering my Yankees 1962 complete set! Although he played part of 61, all 62 and then part of 63, he made no cards. He is alive. I traced him to Alabama. He sells signed pictures on e-bay; which does not impress me. My catalog lists teams in the minor leagues which would help me complete my set. He was referred as Mickey's golf caddy because he subbed for the Mick and they did golf. He did hit a home run in the 18th inning to win for the Yankees. Thanks
My catalog correctly has a picture of Maris (Maras his real name) that I would love to have. But a reprint is probably all that I can afford.

David W
01-17-2011, 10:41 AM
I don't know buy maybe Jack Reed could have made it into a Jay publishing (or "jay like") team issue for sale at Yankee Stadium sort of card/photo?

moeson
01-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Jack Reed was included in the 1992 WIZ Yankees of the 1960's set.