PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Topps Football Pack

sox1903wschamp
12-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Thought I would post scans from an unopened rip of 69 Topps Football, Series 1. Did it for fun as I have had the pack for a few years.

Opened it on Christmas night with my Dad. Great fun! I was 9 years old in 69 and opened a ton of these as a 9 year old including an unopened box as a Xmas present back in 69 so 41 years later it was nice to relive that. Plus it was the 1st year Topps went to a 10 cent pack with 12 cards.

Interesting that there were three 4in 1's in the pack. Not sure I remember that as a kid. Anyway, not a registry guy so these go raw into my set and will be nice upgrades. The McCall was the wax card. Nice to get a Johnny U and a very nice Kapp.

Cheers, Michael

toppcat
12-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Interesting-looks like the 4 in 1's were part pf the 12 card count per pack!

J.McMurry
12-29-2010, 05:32 AM
oh man, thats cool.

I'm working on this set in graded form and would love to have that wax wrapper if you ever decided to part with it.

anybody else working on this set? I'm having a hellava time trying to figure out SGC's grading on these. I've gotten back some real disapointments.

D. Bergin
12-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Very nice. I'm not sure I'd have the guts to rip open a pack that old. Though to be honest, when packs like that somehow get into my hands, they don't usually last long.

Back in the heyday of the early 90's I had boxes of 70Topps Cello FB, and most of it ended up getting ripped. :(

D. Bergin
12-29-2010, 03:03 PM
oh man, thats cool.

I'm working on this set in graded form and would love to have that wax wrapper if you ever decided to part with it.

anybody else working on this set? I'm having a hellava time trying to figure out SGC's grading on these. I've gotten back some real disapointments.

I think PSA is just as tough. I've got a 69' Gale Sayers 7 that looks way nicer then any other 7's I have from other sets.

jmoran19
12-29-2010, 04:36 PM
thanks for sharing!!

I bought 2 packs from Mark Murphy in 1997 and opened one too. Got 9 cards and 3 4 in 1's as well. That must be the norm. John

Samsdaddy
01-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Thank you for posting.

I have the complete 1969 set, raw, and eventually would like to pick up a wrapper to go along with the set.

This set brings back lots of great memories for me. I was only 2 years old when this set came out. When I was 10, my older sister's boyfriend now husband gave me about half the set and by the late 90's I completed it.