PDA

View Full Version : ot player photo question

milkit1
12-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Anybody have a webpage that would have a picture of each player on each team for 1910. Thanks :)

bbcard1
12-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Obviously T206.org would be a great place to start.

You'll find a lot on wiki and baseball-reference would probably have a lot of them. A lot to be said for the google search, but it's a lot of work. I would bet you could come up with about 90% of them, but I doubt it will be on one neat web page

T206Collector
12-20-2010, 02:44 PM
...searches for photos of deadballers, I always start here:

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/cdn:baseball

bmarlowe1
12-20-2010, 04:15 PM
...searches for photos of deadballers, I always start here:

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/cdn:baseball

The CDN site is well-known to have a high error rate - so be careful.

As to baseball-reference.com photos, of course most are correct, but some aren't. They are not carefully verified, and if you report an error, they still will not change it.

sb1
12-20-2010, 05:46 PM
The best resource would be the 1910 Sporting Life Schedules, they have photos of all of the AL and NL teams. Most of these were Horner photos that were used on various issues.

I would be willing to bet if you post the image here, it will be ID'd in minutes.

milkit1
12-20-2010, 07:26 PM
The reason Im looking for them is someone made me a custom 1910 stratomatic season and I am hoping to find photos in one central location from all the players in 1910to put on each card. Doing them one by one will literally take me weeks so I was hoping someone might have a site where they posted them all. oh well, thanks for trying :)

familytoad
12-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Sean,
This might be goofy...but years ago I used to play a LOT of APBA and I would pair up my Topps cards with the APBA cards and have them strewn around the table. I started it one night pulling as many of the cards I had for the two teams I was playing, but then I thought of my goofy idea!
Instead of pulling them all ahead of time, which took me away from actually playing, I devised a reward system. If the player hit a HR or when the pitcher got credited with a win, I pulled his card from my Topps sets and kept them rubber-banded with the small APBA team envelope! The player had to "earn" his baseball card being placed in the APBA pile.

I also created my own version of APBA hockey, and would pull a hockey card from my Topps pile after the game for the "3 stars" of the game.

Weeks later, maybe months later, I had most of the better players in the APBA box and out of the shoebox that held my baseball cards.

Sure, some guys never made it...but they knew what it took!!

If you choose something goofy like that, just go look for an image after you play the game...but beware that 1910 HR's may not be the best stat to use :D

milkit1
12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
haha, thats awesome! I have these custom cards for that season so I printed a picture of the player on the back and a tiny picture for the front. Im hoping when my sons a little older he will want to play ( he likes to play it now but mostly just to roll the dice, hes only four though). I think him seeing the player pictures will make it a bit mroe interesting :)

bbcard1
12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Sean,
This might be goofy...but years ago I used to play a LOT of APBA and I would pair up my Topps cards with the APBA cards and have them strewn around the table.

APBA is the way I roll too. I have thought about putting together a set of APBA cards with player photos on the back. It's a lot of work...but I might do an allstar team sometime.