PDA

View Full Version : thank you

esd10
12-14-2010, 06:08 AM
i just wanted to thanks the creators of this forum. With out this forum i would not know as much as i do about prewar cards and memoribilia.To all the people who have helped me with info about items thank you also.Leon you do such a great job with this forum policing it and making sure everything is on the up and up.once again thanks to all members who make this thing go. matthew

Leon
12-14-2010, 07:06 AM
i just wanted to thanks the creators of this forum. With out this forum i would not know as much as i do about prewar cards and memoribilia.To all the people who have helped me with info about items thank you also.Leon you do such a great job with this forum policing it and making sure everything is on the up and up.once again thanks to all members who make this thing go. matthew

Your welcome, ESD. We have to go back about 3 "generations" to get the true founders. That would be John Spencer and Mike Williams. Then Elliot Bassin (a current member) made this forum on the old hosting site Network54 (where our name came from), and Bill Cornell (another current member) after him, held the reigns for a while. Brian McQueen and I, just took the reins over from Bill and it's been on auto pilot since then, which was around 6-7 yrs ago. Then we added Dan B. and Matt. W. as moderators and the rest is history. When I go back and look at the internal stats it's neat to see that at first we only had a few hundred members and now we have somewhere around 2200 registered folks. We are still getting 50-70 new members every month. Last month we had 65 new members join. That makes for a strong, continuing community. A big thanks go out to the members, such as yourself, for making it a great place to hang out. It is absolutely a forum, and family, made by it's members. Happy collecting!!

quinnsryche
12-14-2010, 07:12 AM

x1,000,000 ++++++

ethicsprof
12-14-2010, 12:06 PM
another resounding thank you from me---and a grateful happy holidays as well.
this is indeed a great place to be with a great bunch of vintage scholars!!!!

all the best,
barry

dbrown
12-15-2010, 12:14 PM
I wanted to add my thanks. I'm a lurker, and mostly a former collector. But I read net54 a few times a week. Everyone's love, dedication, and commitment to collecting, and to prewar baseball, is amazing, even for those of us without a single pre-war baseball card. (I collect other things, and the high level of knowledge & connoisseurship here inspires my collecting.) The camaraderie, even the good-natured sniping make this one of the best corners of the internet. Even when you all pile on Bruce.

happy holidays
David