PDA

View Full Version : Basketball 'bible' auction sets sports memorabilia record

White Borders
12-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Neat story. Hopefully it will eventually end up properly displayed in Phog Allen Fieldhouse (Yes, I'm a KU grad!)

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/12/10/basketball.rules.auction/index.html?hpt=T2

GoldenAge50s
12-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Very interesting! Thanks for posting, Craig.

Leon
12-11-2010, 08:50 AM
That's a good chunk of cheese for those rules. Thanks for posting about it.

cfc1909
12-14-2010, 03:55 AM
Wow Craig -didnt know about Kansas. I love college basketball-my favorite sport.
You have a National Championship and some killer history with some big names from there-Dean Smith/Roy Williams and Paul Pierce- I know most think of Carolina (Hi Brian) when you hear Smith and Williams but they were at Kansas first.
Nice to have the rules.

White Borders
12-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi Jim,

Adolph Rupp, the legendary Kentucky coach, also played for Kansas. He grew up in Halstead which is about 45 minutes up the road from me.

In the 50's Kansas had a player named Wilt Chamberlain ... I think he went on to have a decent career in the pros ;)

I graduated in '86 when KU lost to Duke in the semi-finals. Two years later Danny Manning lead the Larry Brown coached 'hawks to the National Championship over Oklahoma.

It was too bad that Roy Williams was never quite able to win a championship in the 4 trips he took Kansas to the Final Four.

And who can forget the 2008 Championship game when Mario Chalmer's sank the 3-pointer to tie Memphis with 3 seconds left and then KU went on to win it in OT :)

cfc1909
12-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Actually the title I was talking about was the 88 championship with Manning-the recent one slipped my mind. We are the same age.

I just looked it up and there are 3 since the current tournament started and also a 1922 and 23 title. Some great history to be proud of.

don't usually hang out on this side but this caught my eye-thanks for sharing.