PDA

View Full Version : Correction on Bob Feller Story

ErikV
12-09-2010, 01:47 AM
My apologies to anyone who I may have offended with this post.

The Lorain Morning Journal posted this on their twitter account:

The Lorain Morning Journal has retracted a story after erroneously
reporting that Legendary Cleveland Indians pitcher Bob Feller died.
Indian legend Bob Feller has NOT died. An oops by The Lorain Morning
Journal that many media outlets p/u. My apologies from our Network.

fkw
12-09-2010, 03:23 AM
@ The Morning Journal
FYI: All the stories of Bob Feller's passing have been pulled. My boy is still alive...."you son of a bit*h"

idiots @ The Morning Journal jumped the gun with that story.

CORRECTION: Report of Bob Feller's death premature
http://morningjournal.com/articles/2010/12/09/news/doc4d00bff35bcdf126777333.txt

Erik I also posted on another board the same story and info, I know how you feel.......

tjb1952tjb
12-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Very sad news. He was quite a man.

bh3443
12-09-2010, 05:12 AM
I'm very glad to hear Bob Feller is still with us. I'll share my favorite stories of Bob Feller:
In 1985 at the Manchester, NH sports banquet I approached him in the lounge about doing a show for us. I asked him if I should call his agent to set up the deal. Bob smiled and said, "son, I make my own deals, give me your phone number."
The second took place at the Suffolk Downs show in Boston, which took place the weekend after the 9/11 tragedy. All the air lines were shut down, but Bob Feller was there at the show. I asked him how he managed to get into Logan Airport in Boston, and he replied, "I drove here! I always honor my committments!"

jp1216
12-09-2010, 05:13 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2010/12/post_77.html

Bob is in hospice - but knowing Rapid Robert, he'll hang in there to throw out the first pitch on Opening Day. Good Luck Bob!

calvindog
12-09-2010, 06:39 AM
I know his end is near regardless of today's news. Not many guys like Feller left; maybe he and Stan Musial. Sad.

timzcardz
12-09-2010, 06:47 AM
The second took place at the Suffolk Downs show in Boston, which took place the weekend after the 9/11 tragedy. All the air lines were shut down, but Bob Feller was there at the show. I asked him how he managed to get into Logan Airport in Boston, and he replied, "I drove here! I always honor my committments!"

If I didn't know anything else, that would be all I would need to know about the man. It says a lot.

Thanks for sharing that story.

oldjudge
12-09-2010, 06:48 AM
A great player and an even greater person; hang in there Bob!