PDA

View Full Version : Update to "Should I say something about it?"

Robbie
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't know if this is the right way to update a post, so I apologize if I am not doing this correctly. I don't post too much.

I wanted everyone to know that this post was in regards to Lot #508 (Honus Wagner Display) in the current Mastro auction by Legendary. I was contacted by Doug Allen and, after discussion, he did exactly the right thing, and updated the listing to reflect accurate information. I think he deserves credit for doing so.

By the way, I used to own the other one of these that is now mentioned in the Legendary description, and that is how I knew it was not the only one. But, whether there are 3 or 4 of these in existence, it is still, in my opinion, extremely rare and desirable.

(For you raging skeptics, no, I have absolutely no financial interest in this item).

dallen
12-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I emailed Robbie when I saw this post last night. The offered example was purchased from the Halper sale. This and the fact that it is not the only example known has been added to the Internet listing.

As I indicated to Robbie never hesitate to contact us if there is a question or clarification is needed. You will note we made modifications to the Mueller Deacon statue lot 2 and the fingerless glove lot 786 as a result of great feedback from customers.

My staff and I will obviously be available throughout the week if questions arise. Bottom line we want to get it right.

The reception to the material has been unprecedented.

Btw if you are not an active bidder feel free to contact us if you want a catalog.

Doug Allen

Rob D.
12-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the update, Robbie.

Nice to know those errors have been corrected.

bobbvc
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
They still don't mention the copy that was posted on this board (even though it is lesser in condition) without the hole punch at top "as issued".

perezfan
12-07-2010, 11:47 AM
That's indeed a pretty significant omission... especially if the Net54 example has no hole punch. It certainly wouldn't seem to be "as issued" in that case...

canjond
12-07-2010, 12:04 PM
I sent an email to Doug today pointing out that a 3rd example (at least) exists and a scan was provided in the original thread. I also pointed out that this 3rd example does not have a hole punched in it. While I can't say with certainty that the hole in the Mastro example is not "as issued," I did mention in my email to Doug I think it's important to note that there is another known example w/o a hole punched.

dallen
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Sorry trying to keep up!

I added the additional information about (2) verified examples and noted that neither of these examples displayed the punch hole.

Thanks again for the information.

Rich Klein
12-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Doug:

I have not gotten the last few catalogs and they are fun to look at :)

Rich