PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to delete a seller from an Ebay search?

Chris Counts
12-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm wondering if it's possible to delete a specific seller from an Ebay search. One of my favorite categories is "snapshot" and there is one seller who has flooded EBay with overpriced snapshots (he currently has about 3,100 out of 3,200 listings in the category), thereby complicating my searches. Even if I could get his prices down, I'm not interested dealing with him because he has too many negatives. Is there a way to hide this guy from my searches? I'm tired of looking at his stuff every day ...

Kawika
12-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I wish there were a way to omit specific sellers from eBay searches, too. Some of my searches are sometimes flooded with one seller's stuff and it is tedious to wade through. I don't believe there is a dedicated way to delete a seller but sometimes the brute force method works. Try "snapshots -3.5x3.5" and see if that is any better.

tony
12-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I think you can do it by going to advance search. I believe it will allow you to omit that seller. Hope this helps

Chris Counts
12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks, David. There's still about 400 of his snapshots left, but it's a lot better than looking at more than 3,000 of them ...

docpatlv
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Chris,

Funny you should bring this up, because I was wondering the same thing a couple of days ago. Did my snapshot search, looked at a couple of listings, then hit his listing of photos and immediately began searching for other items. He does have some nice snapshots, but definitely overpriced on many and has had them on there month after month....I guess not too different from some card dealers.

As for your original question, I don't know of any way to delete this seller when searching. I wish I knew how.

Mike

Kawika
12-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I think you can do it by going to advance search. I believe it will allow you to omit that seller. Hope this helps
I think Tony the New Guy is on to something. Click "Advanced Search" then fill in "Keywords" field with "snapshots", scroll to "Sports Mem, Cards & Fanshop" in the "In this category" field and in the "Sellers" section checkmark "Only Show items from:" and click "Specific Sellers" at which point you can toggle to exclude the desired seller sportslot.

Chris Counts
12-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Awesome, David! It worked like a charm ...

HRBAKER
12-01-2010, 09:09 PM
This is excellent info. Thanks David!

Kawika
12-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Thank Tony, not me. I've always wished I could streamline my baseball card search when one of the big dealers is doing a mega-listing eBay dump of the same stuff I've seen many times already. Looks like the means have been available all along.

bobbyw8469
12-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Yes! I have used that feature numerous times! When I was building my 1952 Berk Ross set, I had to exclude yepbg to get to see all the NORMAL priced stuff....

Rawlings
12-03-2010, 09:09 PM
That's great advice. But, I just realized the seller you're trying to eliminate.

Just from my experience - the listed prices on everything from sportslot seem high. But try making an offer. I've bought a few hockey and baseball items and sigs from this seller, always well below listed price. Sometimes with offers more than 50-60% off of the BIN price.

Maybe it's still not worth it to deal with all those listings, but if you see something you really want, I'd start low on an offer and go from there.