PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Season Passes

tony
11-30-2010, 06:18 PM
I just started collecting these. Does anyone out there know how many different teams had them. I know the Giants in the 20's. Also are there any sites to see pictures of different ones. Thanks In Advance Tony D

ctownboy
11-30-2010, 08:09 PM
In the early 2000's (2002?), there was an auction in Indianapolis which had a sterling silver season pass for the Cincinnati Reds from 1899. I bid it up to $2,000 dollars but the reserve was $5,000 dollars. I later spoke to the auctioneer and told him of my interest and asked if the owner would take less. He called me back and said the owner would take $4,000 dollars. I didn't buy it because I didn't have the money.

The pass had an ornate pciture on the front and the signature, in script writing, of the person who the season pass was given to. I couldn't make out what the name was but it had to be somebody important. The back of the pass was blank.

In 2008, Mastro sold this pass for $7,000 dollars in their Summer auction in Chicago. You might be able to find a picture of this pass on the old Mastro site or on Legendary's site.

As a Cincinnati Reds fan, this is one item that I really wish I could have bought and put in my collection.

Good luck on your search,

David

tony
11-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks, If Icome across Reds items I will keep you in mind. The Passes are tough to find. But I picked up 2 in the last 6 months. Happy Hunting and thanks again

Heritage Sports
12-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Heritage auctioned this one in October 2007 for $9,560. From a purely aesthetic standpoint, it has to be one of the most gorgeous pieces we've handled. The detail is unbelievable: http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=708&Lot_No=19759

tony
12-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the scan. The piece is beautiful. If your ever have any of the passes in your auctions, please shoot me an email. Thanks again Tony

Heritage Sports
12-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Tony,

It would honestly be tough for me to keep track of a request like that but the good news is that you can easily make sure you do get notified of any lot in which you'd have interest. All you need to do (assuming you've already completed a free HA.com registration) is to go to the "My Want List" feature and add whatever keywords you'd like, such as "silver pass." Then, whenever those words turn up in any of our auctions, you'll get an automated email.

It's one of the most helpful features of our site, I think, and I use it quite a bit myself to make sure I don't miss anything in Sports or any of our other collectibles departments.