PDA

View Full Version : 1949 Leaf Pennant Offer - what do they look like?

JLange
11-28-2010, 05:42 AM
The back of Leaf cards advertise HOF portraits, an album for your cards, or pennants that can be obtained by redeeming wrappers. The back scan below(not my card) advertises the pennant offer. Does anyone know what the pennants looked like? Does anyone have any to show? I really don't know if I've seen them before or not!

Thanks

JLange
11-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Ok, this thread has now hit the century mark of viewers with no replies. I thought that might be a milestone but surprisingly there are a lot of threads that get more than a hundred viewers where no one posts again. So, now I am wondering why no one has replied. Is it...

a) the pennants DON'T EXIST?
b) NO ONE has seen any '49 Leaf pennants?
c) the pennants have been seen, but NO ONE has any to show/post?
d) EVERYONE has seen said pennants, its common knowledge, and no one wants to be the first to tell me they are as common as '83 Fleer Ron Kittle rookie cards?
e) Its been discussed before at length and don't want to re-hash this one?

Is this a hobby mystery or is this old, uninteresting news?

baseballart
11-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Jason

This should be posted on the card side too, as many card collectors don't look at these threads.

(and to add, I don't know the answer to your question and am very interested to see what the pennant premiums were)

perezfan
11-30-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm curious to see the answer as well. Although I'm a pretty advanced long-time pennant collector, I have no idea what these look like. Hopefully someone will respond with some good images of the Leaf Pennants. It's certainly not for lack of interest that I didn't reply...

Great post, btw!

scgaynor
11-30-2010, 08:29 PM
My guess is that they are similar or identical to the generic mini pennants that you see all of the time and there is no way to identify them as being issued by Leaf.

Now if some would turn up in the original shipping envelope.....that would be pretty cool.

Scott