PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 1915 White Sox PC

jb217676
11-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Class is in session and I need to further my education!:D Picked up this cool looking 1915 White Sox Spring Training PC on the BST and I need your help putting names to faces (no Shoeless Joe, joined the team later in the year!) I'm pretty sure I see Eddie Collins standing on the far right, Eddie Cicotte beside him and I think that's Lena Blackburne lying on the ground bottom left. Red Faber is the player 4th from the left in the top row (not counting the man in the suit). Wondering if Ray Schalk, Ed Walsh, Happy Felsch and Buck Weaver can be identified. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jeff

JimmyArcher
11-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Here's a shot at a few of the players. I have a similar postcard from the 1918 season, so I've gotten to know some of the faces pretty well.

Back row L to R (?, Joe Benz, John "Shano" Collins, Red Faber, ?, Maybe Nemo Leibold but not sure, Reb Russell, Maybe Jim Scott, ?, ?, ? Kid Gleason
Front row L to R (?, ?, Pant Rowland, ?, Hap Felsch

I for sure don't see Buck Weaver or Eddie Collins, not sure about Schalk or Cicotte.

Shoeless Moe
11-23-2010, 10:25 AM
My guess at Schalk is he is the head peeking out in the middle of the back row, he was a short guy. I wonder if the rest of the guys were messing with him for this photo, kinda funny.

jb217676
11-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the help guys! Can anybody pick out the other players?

bmarlowe1
11-23-2010, 10:11 PM
I've seen this one before and have a clearer image than was posted -
Hi Jasper - Joe Benz - Shano Collins - Red Faber - ? - probably Nemo Leibold - Reb Russell - Jim Scott - Bunny Brief - Tom Daly - ? - Eddie Collins
Lena Blackburn </ST1:p- Mellie Wolfgang - Pants Rowland - ? – Hap Felsch

Schalk and Cicotte not there.