PDA

View Full Version : Question about game used jerseys

twmoore7
11-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I recently purchased a 1991 game used Craig Biggio jersey. Would the jersey be worth more if I got him to autograph it or are game used jerseys worth more unsigned? Thanks.

danc
11-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I always believed that it adds to the value of the jersey. I always get my GU jerseys signed. I once obtained a GU jersey, was prepared to get it signed by the athlete only for him to tell me that he never wore this size.

To get a sure answer, perhaps you could try: www.gameuseduniverse.com.

DanC

perezfan
11-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I prefer knits to be signed , but flannels (pre-1971) to be left alone. Just my personal preference. The signatures don't take very well to flannel but look nice on the double-knits.

As far as adding value, it depends on the buyer. Generally it does add value and most likely would, in the case of your Biggio Jersey (a future HOFer).

canjond
11-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I think a lot has to do with collector preference. I personally like jerseys signed, while some collectors prefer them not signed. I have a Mattingly home jersey I had signed a few years back. When Mattingly saw the jersey, he was actually able to give me a time frame for when he wore the jersey for the year it was issued.

twmoore7
11-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks for all of you who provided input. I think I will go ahead and have him sign it.