PDA

View Full Version : Request for More PM Space

glchen
11-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure if this is just a problem with me, but lately, I've been constantly hitting the 50 message limit for the Private Messages on the board. I realize that I could always delete all my messages since a copy goes to my regular email account also. However, I like to keep a copy of my BST transactions here, especially ones that are still in progress. I completely realize that this is a free board, and it costs Leon and the hosting service extra $$$$ to provide more space, but if it isn't too difficult, maybe more space for everyone if others are having this same problem? Something like 100, perhaps? If I'm one of the very few hitting this, please ignore. :D

Anthony S.
11-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Whenever I approach the 50 message limit I simply delete a few of the threatening PM's I've received from Barry. Though I always save a few for law enforcement.

Leon
11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
I seem to always be at 90% full too. I end up deleting less important ones. Before I make a decision let me check with my techy guys. I am sure there is an option for allowing more messages but I don't want to do that without checking into it first. We have well over 2000 registered users and I want to make sure I don't create another issue by solving this one :). Not that I have ever done that of course....:o ..Thanks for the feedback too. Just because this board is free to users doesn't mean you can't make good, constructive suggestions. Heck, you can even gripe, and rant and rave, if you don't get too personal.;) best regards

smtjoy
11-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I agree more email room would be nice, had to clear out mine the other day.

glchen
11-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks, Leon!

tiger8mush
11-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Heck, you can even gripe, and rant and rave

so u are our hobby psychologist!?? hope u're sitting in a comfy chair :)

edited to add ... i hit that 50 message limit often too, and thought it'd be nice if it was higher to keep b/s/t transactions for reference.

Jacklitsch
11-18-2010, 05:35 PM
What's a PM?

HercDriver
11-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I believe it's Prime Minister...

Cheers,
Geno

Leon
11-18-2010, 08:59 PM
What's a PM?

It's a private message. I learned a long time ago that sometimes folks really don't know about things that many others do. I bet most people on the board don't even know we have a section for post-war sports cards and also watercooler talk? If you haven't ever looked at the watercooler talk section you have missed some important board happenings over the last few weeks. regards

FrankWakefield
11-18-2010, 10:06 PM
I think that if the box is full, then there isn't that 'pop up blocked' stuff, nor the annoying email link messages. So a small full box seems good to me. Just send someone an email if you want to email them.

Ladder7
11-19-2010, 06:56 AM
You can use my space. I never get letters.

Matt
11-19-2010, 07:39 AM
I think that if the box is full, then there isn't that 'pop up blocked' stuff, nor the annoying email link messages. So a small full box seems good to me. Just send someone an email if you want to email them.

One could disable those two features if they were bothered by them...

Leon
11-19-2010, 08:54 AM
I just increased everyone's capacity 50% to 75 messages. Now, if something unexpected happens because of it (knock on wood and I don't think it will) I reserve the right to change the setting back. Lets see how this works.....best regards

thegashousegang
11-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks Leon.

glchen
11-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks, Leon!

FrankWakefield
11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
One could if one knew how. Maybe three or five or seven could explain it to one, at one's low level of comprehension.

Rob D.
11-19-2010, 02:08 PM
One could if one knew how. Maybe three or five or seven could explain it to one, at one's low level of comprehension.

PM sent.

FrankWakefield
11-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Thank you, Rob. Instructions that even I could follow. And now I don't get that pop up stuff either! Great!!!