PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Auctions - Problem last night

Shoeless Moe
11-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey did anyone else notice their countdown clock on each item was off by an hour or so yesterday night?

I log on at 7pm and pulled up an item and it said about 3 hours left, I then log on at about 930pm and it says about an hour left, so I go to make my bid and it tells me that initial bidding has ended and its now into extended bidding.

Then the item sells for less then what I would have bid, otherwise I wouldn't care so much, but now I lose, Legendary loses and so does the consigner.

Live and learn I guess, don't go by the individual items countdown time remaining.

e107collector
11-17-2010, 09:33 AM
My first thought was maybe the clocks were adjusted for daylight savings time?

Tony

Leon
11-17-2010, 09:37 AM
This might have been a software issue and probably beyond the control of Legendary. I didn't see the issue and was bidding, but admittedly, I might have missed it. I do know that in my own auctions we are sometimes limited by software. We'll see if anyone else had that issue and posts. Overall, I thought it was a good auction and pricing in the hobby is still low, compared to where it has been in the last few years.

Matt
11-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm in EST and the clock was fine for me last night - 3 hours before, an hour before and at closing.

Shoeless Moe
11-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm central time and they definately were off, for 2 items anyway. I wonder if the time change a few weeks ago had anything to do with it. Good point.

Thanks all.

sayhey24
11-17-2010, 09:55 AM
I was following many items and the countdown clock was always correct on all of them.

Greg

sox1903wschamp
11-17-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm central time and they definately were off, for 2 items anyway. I wonder if the time change a few weeks ago had anything to do with it. Good point.

Thanks all.

Interesting Shoeless. I am in the CST and was okay last night. Countdown clocks seemed okay on my watched lots. Will see what happens tonight.

bobfreedman
11-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I did not see anything out of the ordinary, if you did I would appreciate you contacting me to find out what you saw, please contact me at bob@simpleauctionsite.com. Thanks

glchen
11-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I also did not see any issues with the countdown clock (in PST). One thing to know is that the clock includes extended time. So when it says that there is 1 hour left on the clock, that means that there is only 30 minutes to get in your initial bid, and then 30 minutes for extended time.

Actually, I forgot that rules for Legendary are different in that it says:

"You must place an initial bid on an item before 9:00 PM Central Time on auction closing day to be eligible to bid on that item during the extended bidding period that starts at 10:00 PM."

Therefore, you needed to have placed your initial bid with more than 1.5 hours left on the clock.

Exhibitman
11-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Was all good for me. One nice thing about living on the west coast is that the closing timing on most auctions is reasonable. I got home around 8:30 from a dinner meeting and the lots I was chasing were all closed by around 9:35.

Shoeless Moe
11-17-2010, 06:05 PM
I also did not see any issues with the countdown clock (in PST). One thing to know is that the clock includes extended time. So when it says that there is 1 hour left on the clock, that means that there is only 30 minutes to get in your initial bid, and then 30 minutes for extended time.

Therefore, you needed to have placed your initial bid with more than 1.5 hours left on the clock.

THAT WAS IT! But I had no idea until u said that just now, why do they do that?

btcarfagno
11-18-2010, 04:49 AM
I had a problem with the auction both nights. I didn't end up with a #$^%$#@ thing! I SOOOOO wanted to get my hands on that Voskamp's Coffee Pirates lot. GAH!

Tom C

bobbyw8469
11-18-2010, 06:48 AM
The countdown timer included ALL time remaining, including extended time. I can see how that would throw people off, because it almost threw me off as well. However, in the catalog, AND the rules (posted online), it states that the auction locks at 9:00 (Central). I wanted to be sure I knew the rules exactly, because I didn't want to be locked out.

Shoeless Moe
11-18-2010, 07:00 AM
The countdown timer included ALL time remaining, including extended time. I can see how that would throw people off, because it almost threw me off as well. However, in the catalog, AND the rules (posted online), it states that the auction locks at 9:00 (Central). I wanted to be sure I knew the rules exactly, because I didn't want to be locked out.

Well that's what I get then.

"Sniper no sniping!".....for me

oldjudge
11-18-2010, 07:07 AM
No problem here--another great Legendary auction

Matt
11-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Well that's what I get then.

"Sniper no sniping!".....for me

I see you have a daughter in pre-school.
:)

Shoeless Moe
11-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I see you have a daughter in pre-school.
:)

No, I just love that show Dora. Just kiddn', yep 2 lil' ones. I was wondering if anyone would get that. "Oh man."

calvindog
11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Great auction -- for the people buying cards. Not so great for consignors, I'm afraid.

bobbyw8469
11-18-2010, 10:26 AM
I thought alot of the lots went high. I did think whoever did the Mars Attacks set break and the Horrors of War set break lost their shirt!

oldjudge
11-18-2010, 02:40 PM
N173s and Gypsy Queens went at fair to high prices I thought.

glchen
11-18-2010, 03:12 PM
From the lots that I was tracking, I thought the prices ranged from low to fair to high. Overall, I thought the lots were mostly fair, in my opinion. The Uncle Jack's lot seemed low at 6K+BP. A seller on ebay told me he had purchased an unopened wax pack for 2K, and this lot had 3 unopened packs + plenty of other cards including a Ruth. The Star Player Candy lot seemed high. 15 commons that were Authentic due to trimming for 2K + BP? Gidgetgirl (sp?) who was selling them on the board before would go nuts if she saw those prices because her Star Player Candy cards were in much better condition than that. Someone else was selling Star Player Candy cards too, and received little interest.

sb1
11-18-2010, 05:24 PM
E97 lots and singles set record prices. As well as several other lots I bid on and tracked. Overall, the cards brought very strong prices.