PDA

View Full Version : Any Pacquiao Fans Here?

Exhibitman
11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
After demolishing Margarito is there any doubt that Pac Man is the best fighter of his generation? And don't hold your breath waiting for Mayweather to fight him to prove otherwise; Chicken Floyd will continue to run and hide until Pacquiao retires for real then spend the rest of the time telling the world why he is the greatest of all time anyway.

Writehooks
11-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Couldn't agree more, Adam. I watched the fight live here in Beijing in a bar packed with Filipinos. It was wild. From the second round on, it was obvious that Margarito had no answer for Manny's hand speed and relentless aggression. I was a little surprised the bout wasn't stopped after Round 10, as the half-blind Margarito no longer even had a puncher's chance. Kudos for his courage ... but it looked like Manny carried him over the last six minutes.

Murray

Vol
11-18-2010, 11:23 PM
I am a Pac man fan myself. Loved the fight. I sure hope Freddie Roach wasn't right when he said that Margarito might have been his last fight. Some think maybe Paul Williams would be a great fight, but of course, we all wait for Money to put his ZERO on the line and man up.

Just glad I got to see him fight.

Exhibitman
11-21-2010, 06:04 PM
I watched the rebroadcast last night and had it a weak 10-2 Pacquiao with Margarito winning perhaps round 2 and round 8. Could have gone 12-0 or 11-1 without any qualms. I think Margarito's corner absolutely should have tossed in the towel after the 10th. He's lucky Pacquiao was taking it easy over the last two rounds or the eye injury could have been a lot worse. That ref was an idiot--the hammering Margarito sustained towards the end was totally unnecessary.

As for Mayweather, don't hold your breath. Man won't fight anyone who isn't a little old, a little too small, or otherwise has a disadvantage. Or, of course who isn't one of the mothers of his kids; they are always good for a match, I suppose...

Meanwhile, how about Maravilla's KO of Paul Williams last night? Bet one-shot and out since Pacquiao turned out Hatton's lights. No way do I want to see him in the ring with Pacquiao--he's just too big. Now Lucien Bute, Arthur Abraham, Andre Ward or the Super Six winner for the 168# crown, that would be a hellacious fight.

D. Bergin
11-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Wow! Being a huge Paul Williams fan, it was depressing watching him get laid out like that last night.

Hopefully he'll be able to come back, but once a guy has his chin cracked like that, it's usually the start of a downhill slide.

Tsaiko
11-21-2010, 07:43 PM
All in all, it wasn't a bad fight, but Margarito isn't in the same league as Manny. I mean, step jab, step jab, and before he could pull the jab back, he was being counterpunched. And Margarito's trainer isn't in the same league as Roach either. Come on, in the 12th round they're telling him to use the jab?

I kept wondering how much different the fight would've been if it were Mayweather - Margarito and I think the outcome would have been pretty much the same, with Mayweather picking Margarito apart.

I hope Manny won't go up in weight to fight in heavier weight classes. If middle weights want to fight him, they should come down to his natural weight. As far a Manny vs Maravilla or Williams, I think Pac Man is far more accurate than either one of them, but they should come down in weight.

As a fan, I want Pacquiao v Mayweather, since I think that will be the most interesting fight in that weight class.

It's time Floyd! If you don't sign for this fight soon, you'll spend the rest of your life with the Pacquiao ghost haunting your tortured soul.

He reads this form, right :rolleyes:

jheffron
11-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Manny vs. Floyd? It's easy to get on the Manny bandwagon after his most recent performance. But Floyd is as skilled as Manny and Floyd fights smart. Manny gets reckless at times by throwing caution to the wind and against Floyd that could be his undoing. The fighter that fights the smarter fight and shows the bigger heart will win.

Exhibitman
11-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Manny vs. Floyd? The fighter that fights the smarter fight and shows the bigger heart will win.

Can't dispute that; also don't think it will be Mayweather standing in the end. Although I was impressed with his heart in the 2nd round against Mosley, I do not think Mayweather will handle being hurt repeatedly. The damage Pacquiao did when he connected with Margarito--who is a hell of a lot bigger than Mayweather would be for a fight--will scare Chicken Floyd right out of the ring. Pacquiao is as fast as Mayweather and he hits like a mule. Mosley wobbled Mayweather with one shot and wasn't able to follow up. When Mayweather knew he had taken Shane's best punch and withstood it, he started controlling the fight. Pacquiao doesn't have that flaw in his game; he throws punches in bunches. I don't see Mayweather taking Pacquiao's best shots repeatedly and lasting, unless he gives up all pretense of fighting and makes it a track meet, in which case he loses his perfect record and has to STF up. And that would kill him.

But it is all theoretical since that fight simply will not happen.

jheffron
11-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Adam, I like your thoughts. I'm hoping they do sign to fight. I'm a big Manny fan and as such would love to see him win. We know Floyd will wait for Manny to open the action. Like dealing with an experienced card dealer they want you to name price first. That puts them in the power position. Manny will counter Floyd's counter but Floyd will anticipate that. He's cute. So I think Manny should pace himself, stick and jab and after about 6 to 8 rounds attack with all his fury. He should very gradually build his attack until that moment of fury when he gets his stoppage.

Vol
12-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Manny has signed on to fight Mosley in May.

Thought they had a deal in the works with Marquez, but apparently not. And Floyd didn't even respond to their offers.

Guess he has more 'pressing' matters to attend to. :)

Exhibitman
12-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Yeah, Mayweather needs to hit another woman or child or security guard. Or maybe his Uncle Roger needs a cellie.

Mosley? Yech. Washed up fighter. Not something I will PPV, though if a local bar shows the fight I might pop over to watch.

yankeeno7
12-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I first learned about Pacquaio a couple years back. I hadnt been much of a boxing fan in a few years but Pacquaio is really fun to watch and his humility is very respectful.

I dont think there is a fighter right now who can beat Pacquaio. Mayweather knows he wont be able to beat Pacauaio and that is why the fight wont happen. You know Pac isnt going to hide from Mayweather.

Has anyone seen a fighter who has so much stamina? There is no rest with him...the guy just keeps going at his opponent and there is no resting. He has incredible accuracy and speed.

I recently got 3 signed gloves from Pacquaio and had them all authenticated by JSA. If anyone is looking for a signed glove, let me know! :D

Exhibitman
12-24-2010, 02:19 PM
In today's game Sergio Martinex has stamina like Pacquiao, though obviously not the handspeed. Paul Williams has the output but not the polish to get the most out of his stuff. He needs Freddie Roach to clean up his technique.

The trouble with watching Pacquiao is that he is a once in a generation or two athlete and he will ruin most other boxing for us.

shimozukawa
01-18-2011, 06:18 PM