PDA

View Full Version : SCP Auction Pick-ups

bcbgcbrcb
11-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone on the board made any significant additions to their collections last night?

At first glance, I was very interested in the 1894 Kansas City minor league team photo w/Joe McGinnity but after much studying and research, determined that it was not period and likely produced sometime around the 1920's time frame so I passed on that one. I also liked the 1930 Louisville minor league team photo panorama w/Billy Herman but did not want to go as high as the final bid.

margoaepi
11-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I really wanted the Connie Mack autographed birthday program, but I had already spent way to much at the Heritage auction earlier this month, so I had to let it go. Probably never see that one again . . .

perezfan
11-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Since I struck out in Hunts, I went after (and got) this piece from SCP. I've always wanted a Junior game-used Jersey, and landing this gorgeous teal/silver variation from '95 was an added plus...

chaddurbin
11-15-2010, 12:23 AM
nice griffey jr. are you getting it auto'd and/or framed?

prewarsports
11-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Phil

I won the lot with the 1930 panorama and that piece factored into my bidding, but I was actually bidding more heavily on another item in the lot, the autographed 1929 team photo with a rare Roy Wilkinson autograph (1919 White Sox player). His signature is rare and you can see the signature in the photo I posted. If you still are really interested in the panorama after I get it, let me know.

Rhys

perezfan
11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
nice griffey jr. are you getting it auto'd and/or framed?

Thanks Chad...

I won't frame it, as I wouldn't know which side to display (both are kinda nice...) It is already autographed. Here's the back side of the jersey...

bcbgcbrcb
11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Rhys:

E-mail sent

Thanks,

Phil