PDA

View Full Version : Is this card not a reprint?

Bigb13
11-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Is this card not a reprint?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=230544100483&si=QhG%252FeVPt%252B7RnegTWUxpR5V8K2fU%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

canjond
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Reprint - you can even see where the word "reprint" was erased on the back.

GasHouseGang
11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Jon, he didn't erase the word reprint! That smudge was explained in his description. "The back has a small patch of adhesive residue as shown, indicating this may have been a point-of-purchase display card." See, wouldn't you want to maybe pay even more, now that you know it may be a rare display card? I hope it's obvious that I was kidding...

canjond
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
It's creative to say the least...

fkw
11-09-2010, 01:21 AM
No That card is not not a reprint.

Its very easy to see as a reprint, the seller has no clue what they are talking about. The card is a 1914 reprint. Jennings uniform should be the exact same color as the border and blend together with it. This one obviously had the border cropped and a new too white border added. worthless garbage.

Bigb13
11-11-2010, 08:58 AM
This seller has sold a couple of CJ's like this I know it's a reprint but how can we let the buyers know since there Id"s are hidden from us. Rob

Ladder7
11-11-2010, 09:52 AM
This seller has sold a couple of CJ's like this I know it's a reprint but how can we let the buyers know since there Id"s are hidden from us. Rob

Terrific question!.. In a nutshell, We cant call foul anymore. Here's why...

Seller dumps bogus item, eBay and PayPal make $.

Honest bidders tip off the poor schmuck, transaction gets cancelled. eBay/PP makes 0.

tbob
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Steve is absolutely right. Didn't the former CEO of ebay who just lost in the California governor's race institute that change before she left? That's what I heard, could be wrong. The supposed reason for the change to scramble or conceal identities was supposedly to protect buyer's identities but all it did was make it easier to cheat, swindle and deceive. :rolleyes:

Bigb13
11-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I sent the seller an email just to let him know that they are reprint if he didn't know and I want to see if he emails me back.

Shoeless Moe
11-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Steve is absolutely right. Didn't the former CEO of ebay who just lost in the California governor's race institute that change before she left? That's what I heard, could be wrong. The supposed reason for the change to scramble or conceal identities was supposedly to protect buyer's identities but all it did was make it easier to cheat, swindle and deceive. :rolleyes:

....or do what I do sometimes, wait until the seller either leaves feedback for the buyer or the buyer leaves feedback for the seller. Then u will be able to see the buyer and contact them.

Bigb13
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Unless he did this, private listing - bidders' identities protected

Shoeless Moe
11-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Unless he did this, private listing - bidders' identities protected

You are correct, he did do that. I always wondered why that was done on non-big dollar items, now I know. Scammers use it. Good to know.