PDA

View Full Version : ebay - Cobb greenie ?

Touch'EmAll
11-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I had been following, on ebay auction, a T206 Cobb greenie PSA 5 - Sovereign back. It had many bids, and up to over $6k.

This morning I woke to find the auction prematurely ended - zero bids listed - whats up ??? Some funny business? An early ended listing due to an off-the-record buyer? Hmmm, was going to put in a healthy bid on that one. Bummer.

Question - how more valuable is a Sovereign back Cobb greenie vs. a common back Cobb greenie?

T206Collector
11-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Probably an off-line sale. A scan/link might be helpful. Also, are we talking Sov 150, 350 or 460?

Touch'EmAll
11-03-2010, 10:14 AM
It had a Sovereign 150 back.

I just haven't got into the whole T206 back variation thing - just focus on front. Perhaps that will change.

tolstoi
11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I bet its due to high ebay fees. I have noticed more sellers are willing to list there items on ebay to get noticed and than will pull them if they get a good offer so they don't have to pay any ebay fees. I bet for an expensive card like the Cobb Green portrait those fees would be substantial.

M's_Fan
11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
The seller either changed his mind or agreed with a buyer to do a sale outside of ebay. The seller cancelled all of the bids and then ended the auction. In my opinion it is a somewhat unfair/shady practice to do this, you have wasted a lot of people's time.

On the bright side, if you don't care about T206 backs then there was no reason to pay a premium for a slightly rarer back. And if you don't want to spend $6k+, you could likely pick up a nice psa 4 or SGC 50 Cobb for just $2350.

tedzan
11-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Fair WARNING....any other SOVEREIGN back on this Cobb is either a Fake or a REPRINT.

TED Z