PDA

View Full Version : Value of Dodgers 1940s scorecard w/autos?

cubsguy1969
10-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi, guys. Any ideas on approximate value of this neat old scorecard? Has lots of pencil signatures. No stars, except for Barber. I'm guessing maybe 1943? The sigs include: Goody Rosen, Hank Wyse, Red Barber (multiples), Howie Schultz, Tommy Brown, LF Magerkurth (umpire), Augie Galan, Les Webber, Ed Miksis, Bob Chipman, Don Johnson and Red Durrett. (Both Dodgers and Cubs players.) May be another one or two on there that I missed. It's signed in various spots on every part of the scorecard, some multiple times.
And in the interest of full disclosure, it is for sale. Selling for a friend. I may list on ebay. I just wanted a rough idea on value so I don't give it away. Thanks.
Rob

Leon
11-02-2010, 07:56 AM
I am not a scorecard collector but have handled a few old ones. They are like some obscure card sets....much more rare than their value would indicate. This part of the hobby gets it's valuation from the "demand" side, no doubt. I would imagine a Dodgers fan(s) would value it more than other fans. It's all about finding the right buyer sometimes....especially on lower demand items (basically almost anything except cards, it seems).

RichardSimon
11-02-2010, 09:11 AM
The demand as Leon stated is the key to most any item and it is not strong for an item like this.
It would probably get around $50 on ebay, maybe a little more if you had two guys who wanted it, but if you listed it at $100 it might not sell.

cubsguy1969
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks for you assistance, guys. With your help, I was able to sell the piece for what I and the buyer both felt was a fair price. I appreciate it. As will my friend who I sold it for.
Thanks again.
Rob