PDA

View Full Version : T206 Cobb Bat On Old Mill Real?

David R
10-17-2010, 10:29 PM
A Cobb bat on Old Mill sold today on eBay. I thought this card did not exist based on the backs lists that have been compiled on this site by Ted and others, and the fact that none of the major grading companies had graded one. I have also seen some good Cobb Bat On Old Mill reprints out there on eBay so I was skeptical.

Is this card legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220681542664&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

shaunsteig
10-17-2010, 11:07 PM
The certification number is legit - the PSA database does report this as an Old Mill bat on shoulder Cobb. So if this is not a possible front/back combo, then they've duped PSA as well.

lharri3600
10-18-2010, 04:15 AM
The certification number is legit - the PSA database does report this as an Old Mill bat on shoulder Cobb. So if this is not a possible front/back combo, then they've duped PSA as well.

there's a host of cards not listed in the pop report. i don't put much stock in the report any way.

tedzan
10-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Nice find....it is a legitimate front/back combo.

The Green portrait version has been confirmed with the OLD MILL back; therefore, there always was a good likelihood
that the Bat on Shoulder pose exists with an OLD MILL.

However, this Cobb/OLD MILL is very seldom seen.

And, you have found one. Thanks, I will update my OLD MILL list.

Best regards,

TED Z

PhillipAbbott79
03-09-2017, 02:18 PM
I am seeking this card. If anyone has it, can you please message me?

sreader3
03-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Or call David Hall . . . .

Card does not show up on ebay anymore. Anyone have a cached image?

PhillipAbbott79
03-09-2017, 09:54 PM
I am not seeking the exact card. I am looking for one to add to my collection. Ideally I suppose it should be a WTB thread but I saw the thread itself through Google and figured a simple prod, may get a response.

Anyone actually have this card?

PhillipAbbott79
04-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Ok. Yes. Seems David Hall has one. Unicorns do exist.