PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the status of Ron Keurajian's book?

mr2686
10-13-2010, 03:27 PM
I have been hearing about him publishing a "mother of all" autograph books for some time. I came across his name again while looking through some old threads here on the board and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

Scott Garner
10-13-2010, 04:45 PM
I have been hearing about him publishing a "mother of all" autograph books for some time. I came across his name again while looking through some old threads here on the board and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

Mike,
It's funny, but I was just wondering the same thing today. I had heard quite awhile back that it was supposed to come out this year I think....
I'm a buyer when it comes out!

danc
10-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Ron called me on Friday and we chatted a bit and I asked him that very question and he said he was still looking for a publisher. So, not in the immediate future.

DanC

thetruthisoutthere
10-13-2010, 07:10 PM
I've always said that 80% of those that buy, sell and collect autographs have no idea what they are buying, selling and collecting; so it makes sense that Ron is having a difficult time finding a publisher. The market is "there" but oblivious; that 80% are the ones that need (not that we don't) Ron's book, just like they need to read "Operation Bullpen." That 80% never even heard of "Operation Bullpen." Look at all of that GAI garbage on Ebay right now. If that 80% knew even a little bit about autographs, they wouldn't give that garbage a second look. They're relying on GAI being a Ebay prequalified authenticator. My point being, that those who should be reading this have no clue that this forum is even here; or that "Operation Bullpen" occurred; And that they have never even heard of Ron.

Duluth Eskimo
10-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I just bought something from Ron, but had no idea he was working on a book. The hobby is always in need of good and well written autograph guides. I hope he gets support and a publisher. I'll be in line for a copy.

roarfrom34
10-14-2010, 06:02 AM
I just bought something from Ron, but had no idea he was working on a book. The hobby is always in need of good and well written autograph guides. I hope he gets support and a publisher. I'll be in line for a copy.

I agree; I thought the Jimmy Spence/John Mitnick "Team Baseballs" book was very informative

danc
10-14-2010, 02:22 PM
I am looking forward to the book as well. The forgers really loved Mark Allen's Baker book and the belief at the time what many 19th Century signatures "are suppose to look like" and what "the forgers have come to believe is true", will be refreshed. After all, I have authentic exemplars of Keefe and Brouthers and they didn't sign ANYTHING like what the perception is/was. They didn't sign their names like ten year olds, where it gave forgers a guide and you know what auction house ends up with cut and album page signatures in quantities. Ron is missing like six or seven Hall Of Famers (including John Clarkson) and I don't understand why he just doesn't "check out the Coach". After all, Clarkson balls, bats, cuts, pages... The rest he needs are those obscure Negro League players inducted a few years back. Should open some eyes.

DanC

mr2686
10-14-2010, 02:36 PM
I've been looking forward to his book since I first heard he was writing one a couple of years ago. Any source that increases my knowledge base, so that I can add to my collection, is always welcome.
My hope is that a lot of people outside of this forum, educate themselves with material like this. Between that and the many people that consistently point out the bogus material that is out there, maybe we can make a dent.

mr2686
10-07-2011, 07:29 AM
It's been almost a year since this thread. Does anyone have any updated info about Ron and his book? Still looking forward to seeing it.

leo
04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Think it's about to be published this fall - http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/book-2.php?isbn=0-7864-7050-X

mr2686
04-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks Leo...outstanding info. That's going to be a must read.

travrosty
04-30-2012, 11:56 AM
I agree with Chris Williams, only instead of GAI, collectors need to know what exemplars look like so people can be aware what Walter Johnson, Goose Goslin, and Ty Cobb signatures look like because it wasn't high ticket GAI certs that got pulled from ebay but JSA $80,000 (Walter Johnson signed ball), JSA $30,000 (Goose Goslin signed ball), and PSA $1300 (Ty Cobb cut which most think is laser printed but PSA wouldn't admit it.)

So right line of thought, wrong company.

doug.goodman
04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Wow, looks like a great book, and I'm not an autograph guy.

Wymers Auction
05-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I will certainly buy a copy!!!!

leo
05-04-2012, 11:10 PM
You can actually preorder it now. If you order through the phone they will not charge you till it ships. If you preorder online though they will charge your credit card immediately.

RichardSimon
06-07-2012, 07:50 AM
coming out in November,2012,,, good news for all