PDA

View Full Version : Ebay seller: Waittilnextyear47

Shoeless Moe
10-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Anyone know this ebay seller, he was out of Las Vegas? He sold some great vintage items, but now is "No Longer a Registered User". Had ZERO negative feedback.

Anyone know in general why some Ebay sellers vanish. I know some who get several negative feedbacks get the boot from Ebay and then they reemerge under a new moniker, but how do u explain someone with no feedback vanishing?

Matthew H
10-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I remember him. Maybe he sold off his collection and simply ran out of stuff.

ethicsprof
10-13-2010, 11:43 PM
don't know but the mystery just makes me pleased that BST has turned out to be a great replacement for ebay, for my buying---along with B&L auctions and 2 or 3 others.

best,
barry

barrysloate
10-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Barry- congrats on joining the very exclusive 1000 posts club.;)

joeadcock
10-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Shoeless Moe

One Ebay person that dropped out:About 4 years ago, I found an ebay seller who lived near the New England Patriot's stadium. He would sell material varying from T206/E95 to 60's Topps on Ebay. I got alot of vintage stuff from him. He told me that he would go to garage sales and auctions to get the stuff. I got an E95 Plank, T206 Johnson, my best T206 Walsh, as well as Mantles, Mays from him. I communicated to him over the phone to try to buy lots instead of singles. Problem is that he was not making much money. He told me his Wife was not happy with the money he was spending and the fact that he wasn't making much in return.
He is listed as non registered. He has never responded again, either via phone or through attempted contact on internet.
It is too bad, because I cant find material like that here where I live at Garage sales, etc.
I assume he dropped out for that reason:it wasn't worth it to him financially.

Frank

ethicsprof
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
many thanks, ole buddy.
i see that you're in the most prestigious 3000 club!!

all the best,
barry