PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Internet Auction

margoaepi
10-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Just a question for the board.

Hunt's catalogue auctions generally contain certified items while the majority of the items they offer in their internet auctions are generally not certified. I have poked around their website looking for some sort of guarantee or other language about the autos they sell and cannot find any. Has anyone ever had a bad experience buying an uncertified auto from one of their auctions? Do they stand behind their product?

I should also state that I have won a number of cards/other items from Hunt's and have found them to be nothing short of professional, but I simply have no experience on this front.

Thanks in advance.

sb1
10-11-2010, 05:37 PM
nm

perezfan
10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I would call over there... they are normally very helpful.

BTW, I can't recall ever seeing a bad auto from them, but wouldn't be surprised if a small fraction sneak through. They run through literally dozens of multiple auto lots in those Internet/Phone auctions.

Duluth Eskimo
10-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I believe there is a time frame to get third party authentication and as I look over the rules, here they are:

Hunt Auctions, Inc. guarantees, for sixty (60) days, the authenticity of each item in this auction only to the extent of the written catalogue description. The description guarantee, however, does not extend to the condition grading of any item due to the subjective nature of such evaluations. We will not accept a return based upon a verbal opinion or rejection of authenticity, but rather we will require a written letter of rejection, which must include a factual based opinion. We then reserve the right to consult with another respected third party authenticator to settle the dispute if necessary. Authenticity disputes must include the return of the disputed merchandise and must be executed within sixty (60) days from the date of the auction with no exceptions.

Dave is a great guy and sells great stuff. I don't know how other people feel about him, but I have NEVER had a problem with him and belive he is one of the most stand up people in the business.

tlwise12
10-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I actually had the same questions during the last auction of theirs and they told me that they stand behind their items and will refund your money PLUS shipping and buyers premium if deemed fake by Spence/ DNA/ or any other company...

Travis

sphere and ash
10-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Dave Hunt is one of the most trustworthy people you will find in this hobby.

sports-rings
10-12-2010, 08:28 AM
All my dealings with this company have been great. Not only is Dave a pleasure to work with, I feel his staff offers the highest level of customer service. I have bought a couple of full size baseball tropies and those items need to be crated and trucked. The staff took my concerns very seriously and made sure the items arived safe and secure. just a great company!

vintagechris
10-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I would be curious as to the process they go through to make sure the autos were authentic before they put them up for auction. I once found a few bad autos in a football lot they had when I was looking at their auctions and contacted them about it. To their credit they pulled them, but also, they were such obvious fakes it made me wonder what process they go through or who looks at them.

They also had a near signed 1987 Topps set in an auction a few months ago that I was going to bid on but saw what I thought were too many questionable signatures, especially some of the stars. I did not contact them about that one.

I noticed in a couple of their larger autograph lots this auction, they say they can not guarantee every signature since the lot is so big.

With all that said, I trust them as a good company, but honestly, if you are buying autographs, you really need to do your own diligent homework IMO to feel good about what you buy from anyone.

brooklynbaseball
10-13-2010, 05:18 PM
They have a former member of Jimmy Spence's staff working for them for the past few years

thetruthisoutthere
10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
I would be curious as to the process they go through to make sure the autos were authentic before they put them up for auction. I once found a few bad autos in a football lot they had when I was looking at their auctions and contacted them about it. To their credit they pulled them, but also, they were such obvious fakes it made me wonder what process they go through or who looks at them.

They also had a near signed 1987 Topps set in an auction a few months ago that I was going to bid on but saw what I thought were too many questionable signatures, especially some of the stars. I did not contact them about that one.

I noticed in a couple of their larger autograph lots this auction, they say they can not guarantee every signature since the lot is so big.

With all that said, I trust them as a good company, but honestly, if you are buying autographs, you really need to do your own diligent homework IMO to feel good about what you buy from anyone.
Well written, VintageChris. Know what you are buying. There are very few people in this industry I trust when it comes to autographs, which is the main reason why I know "my autographs." Again, know what you are buying.

Clementefan
10-17-2010, 11:00 AM
As some who has both purchased and consigned items to Hunt I have found them to be both pleasant to deal and professional. I believe that one of the staff worked for PSA for about 10 years. I have had several items returned to me due questions about the authenticity of the item.

canjond
10-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Same experiences here - never had an issue buying from them.

Clementefan
10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
For what it is worth.... when it comes to consigning items I would give letter grades based on professionalism and customer-friendly manner to

A : Hunt, Robert Edwards, Huggins & Scott

A-/B+ : Mile High Card

B : Clean Sweep

B - : RR Auction

C-/D+ : Heritage

Leon
10-20-2010, 09:02 PM
For what it is worth.... when it comes to consigning items I would give letter grades based on professionalism and customer-friendly manner to

A : Hunt, Robert Edwards, Huggins & Scott

A-/B+ : Mile High Card

B : Clean Sweep

B - : RR Auction

C-/D+ : Heritage

Please be aware that when you start critiquing companies you will not be able to remain private on the board. Before I throw your name out here I just want you, and everyone, to understand that. Thanks much....and of course you are Alex/Andrew Gordon.

bobbyw8469
10-20-2010, 10:29 PM
I have used both REA and Memory Lane. I thought both auctions handles my items professionally and I had no problem getting paid. I achieved higher prices on REA than ML, but maybe it was just bad timing, or the fact that REA only run auctions once a year and ML runs them all the time. Just my 2...