PDA

View Full Version : Topps Vault

Big Six
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
So I'm working on a 1954 Topps set and I came across a BVG Authentic Topps Vault 1954 card of Eddie Robinson on eBay a few weeks ago...the card looked like it was in great shape and even though I already had a Robinson in a PSA 7 slab, thought why not...it'll be nice to have as a compliment to my set once I finish it.

The card arrived and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that, even for a card only graded Authentic, it was in great shape despite the glue remnants still on the back. The front looks PSA 7 or 8 quality. For $15 I'm glad I pulled the trigger...I just like the fact the card has some direct history to the hobby and Topps...anyone else have any of these Topps Vault cards from 1954??? Here's mine...

Doug
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
That's the first one I've seen although I didn't know Topps was selling their file copies. It does say 1/2 on the label so maybe they had two of each card on file? Cool card nonetheless, thanks for sharing!

ALR-bishop
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Neat item. I have bought several items from Topps Vault, but never a file copy of one of their regular set cards. The 54 set is a nice one.

FUBAR
10-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Topps Vault has been releasing hundreds of these every month, mostly newer cards, but some older and of all sports/ non-sports.

They are nice cards, all are 1 of 1's and are printing proofs. Most of the ones I have seen have blank backs.

But unfortunately for me, Topps Vault will not ship to Canada!

David W
10-11-2010, 07:30 PM
This is from Topps Vault. The ebay description said Woody Gelman glued the sets to a binder as a demo copy or something.

Apparently he did this to every Topps set. Perhaps the glue stain on the back of the first post is because someone removed the card from the page it was glued to.

ALR-bishop
10-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Wonder why he used pins on the 61 Dice :)

Big Six
10-12-2010, 01:38 PM
It's a 1/2 as their were two examples of each card...the first (all the 1/2s) was glued to the binder picture side UP...the second (all the 2/2s) were glued picture side DOWN. David W's post above illustrates that perfectly...

Would love to see if anyone else finds any 54s...