PDA

View Full Version : HOF M&D Jackson and Mattthewson Uniforms

Yankeefan51
10-09-2010, 12:17 PM
We have been members of the Hall of Fame for 12 years. As part of said membership, we receive a monthly magazine called Memories and Dreams.
Over the past year, Memories and Dreams has published five articles about baseball cards, and baseball memorabilia. The primary focus of these articles has been about how the items related to baseball history. Also, there is a discussion regarding the provenance of each donation.

In the October 2010 issue, there is a five page feature story on the research that the Hall of Fame conducted into two important uniforms it had had on public display:

(1) The Jackson Uniform
(2) 1905 Mattewson Uniform.

The story provides some excellent insight into the depth that the HOF researchers and their consultants went to verify the authenticity of the uniforms.. Should you have difficulty locating the article, please do not hesitate to write to us.

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List
bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com

19cbb
10-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Bruce, I would be interested in reading the HOF article.
Would it be possible for you to post it on the board or send it by email through the link in my signature?
Thanks.
Jimmy

Vintage Yankee
10-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Just had a chance to read it myself - nicely put together. No doubt a conscious decision to include in the article a jersey found to be better than the original provenance in the Matty, alongside the now-exposed Jackson.