PDA

View Full Version : Eastbound and Down... who else watches?

bh3443
10-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Good morning friends,
I love this insanely funny show called Eastbound and Down on HBO Sundays.
Just curious who else watches and likes the show and which MLB player(s) it might remind you about!
Have a great week everyone!
Bill
PS: Anyone else used to watch Ball Four way back? I think it lasted 4 episodes but I loved it!

sportscardpete
10-04-2010, 09:00 AM
One of the funniest shows ever. Mcbride is absolutely hilarious. He reminds me of a mix between Rod Beck's look and John Rocker's attitude.

D. Bergin
10-04-2010, 09:08 AM
I like the show, but it would be nice if Danny McBride could actually throw a baseball. Reminds me of Tony Perkins in "Fear Strikes Out".

perezfan
10-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I like the show, but it would be nice if Danny McBride could actually throw a baseball. Reminds me of Tony Perkins in "Fear Strikes Out".

Still better than Rosie O'Donnell in A League of their own. I guess you could make the excuse that she just throws like a girl, but even that's debatable.

calvindog
10-04-2010, 10:10 AM
One of just a handful of shows I watch.

Anthony S.
10-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Agreed. I cringe on those rare occasions on the show that they actually show his throwing motion. Like Tom Cruise having a catch with his son early on in "War of the Worlds."

Leon
10-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Still better than Rosie O'Donnell in A League of their own. I guess you could make the excuse that she just throws like a girl, but even that's debatable.

Rosie O'Donnell = girl = not so sure......(nor do I care to check :eek:)

bh3443
10-04-2010, 11:36 AM
My girlfriend back in Junior High played with us guys and she was better than 90% of us! She could hit,field and run just as well as she could have been a model! She was my first girlfriend from Texas, the last girl friend from Texas turned out to be my wife! Here's to Texas girls!

autograf
10-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Funny show........glad they brought it back. Some of his quotes are hilarious!

tolstoi
10-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Great show, got hooked on it last summer or fall with the first season. Can't wait to catch the new episodes.

gabrinus
10-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Favorite quote....."it was the eggrolls, not the ecstacy."

makersmarkambassador
10-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Awesome show!! Love the audio book even more...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBzflke84HA

Cause I am the man who has the ball and I am the man who can throw it faster than fu*&...

Sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm..

Basilone
10-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Love the show!

Some KP quotes:
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0144394/quotes

bbcarddan
10-05-2010, 04:52 PM
What makes the show even more enjoyable for me is that Kenny Powers looks a lot like a good friend of mine that alone makes me crack up.Danny McBride`s character is an absolute D*ckhead but you still can`t help but root for him!

Best show going on T.V right now!

bh3443
10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Honestly, I'm happy we all watch this show! I was afraid it was going to be like Ball Four in the 70's and last not too long!
The audio tapes are outragious!
The speach to the Mexican team last week was insane when he was saying there's no i in team but there is a u in c**t....... I nearly fell over!
Definitely a great show!