PDA

View Full Version : Finding Estate Sales / Local Auctions

peterose4hof
09-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to find local estate sales and/or auctions? Are there any good websites that list them?

Thanks!

Shoeless Moe
09-23-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.auctionzip.com/il.html

slidekellyslide
09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to find local estate sales and/or auctions? Are there any good websites that list them?

Thanks!

The first place to look is the classified ad section of your local newspaper. Auctionzip is fine, but a lot of auction companies don't list on there. You can also do a google search for auction companies in your area...most of them will have their own website.

Rob D.
09-23-2010, 03:02 PM
And when you do go to an auction or estate sale that's run by a local auctioneer, be sure to register and get a bidder/buyer number even if you know there's nothing of interest to you. That way you'll be on the auctioneer's mailing list for future events.

nebboy
09-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Heres another place you can search - PROXIBID - it can be a good place to checkout from time to time.

usehttp://www.proxibid.com/asp/live-auction-categories.asp

There are some cards on there now:
Goudys - low end
Diamond Stars - low end
Exhibit - dont know if there reprints or not
50s Topps and so on

slidekellyslide
09-23-2010, 09:16 PM
And when you do go to an auction or estate sale that's run by a local auctioneer, be sure to register and get a bidder/buyer number even if you know there's nothing of interest to you. That way you'll be on the auctioneer's mailing list for future events.

I have a permanent number with three different auction companies in my area. No standing in line for a number for me. :)

peterose4hof
09-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks for all your help! I also found this site to be helpful for those who are interested.

www.estatesales.net

FUBAR
09-24-2010, 04:48 PM
you can contact all your local auction houses and get on their email list of upcoming sales. Most of them do an email mail-out!