PDA

View Full Version : Burcyzk isnt the only problem...GLOBAL GAI FRAUD ALERT!!!!!

Fuddjcal
09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
most of you have probably already seen it, but here is the TT2 follow-up Video to the Burczyk debacle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bgm5TJkGpU&feature=sub

It clearly implicates Mike Baker and GAI GLOBAL as a farce that it has become. MIKE BAKER needs to step up and "Splain" himself. For him to still be respected after all these fakes have flooded the market he owes the collecting public and his "friends" at E-bay an explanation. That idiot NASCAR GAI guy is a crook too, and has bragged of their cozy relationship with E-bay security team.

It's time that E-bay KICKS Global out of bed and exposes them for the pathetic job they have done in protecting their credibility WHICH IS CURRENTLY AT ZERO. 99.9% GAI product on E-bAY on the big three baseball are Fake. Every time I look at the new listings and see GAI L@@K, or GAI WOW, I know it's another fake that is being backed by E-bay and the collectors are so stupid they don't know the difference. Thanks E-bay

insidethewrapper
09-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Check the website: autographalert.com. Some interesting information. I'm glad I don't collect autos anymore.

FUBAR
09-23-2010, 11:40 AM
what this video showed me is that i need to learn autos a little more. When he was showing the bad beside the good, it was hard to tell them apart. I get that the loops weren't right but that is hard to see unless you are a true expert!

back to the education room!

TATSR
09-23-2010, 12:19 PM
It's been a while since I've watched one of Tom Tresh's videos, but I have to be honest. I keep waiting for the "gotcha" moment, when he actually proves something, but it never comes. He just keeps yelling "this one is fake, that one is fake. xx is selling fakes, yy is selling fakes. eBay lets them get away with it."

He's probably right, but I've never heard him produce any convincing evidence. Maybe there's something good buried within some of his videos, but I have yet to see it.

TATSR

perezfan
09-23-2010, 01:21 PM
It's been a while since I've watched one of Tom Tresh's videos, but I have to be honest. I keep waiting for the "gotcha" moment, when he actually proves something, but it never comes. He just keeps yelling "this one is fake, that one is fake. xx is selling fakes, yy is selling fakes. eBay lets them get away with it."

He's probably right, but I've never heard him produce any convincing evidence. Maybe there's something good buried within some of his videos, but I have yet to see it.

TATSR

He is normally correct about which are real and which are fake. But it would be nice if he would inject some of the reasons, and point out the specific flaws in the fake sigs (so autograph novices can identify them as well).

He tends to ramble on for so long (and repeats himself so many times), that it becomes a real chore to sit through the entire clip. We all get it... the Ebay sellers in question are selling fakes. These clips would have far more impact if they were made to be more informative and more concise.

It's great that he's exposing these bad sellers.... a very noble cause. It would be even better if he could polish his presentation style, or put someone else (with more advanced communication skills) in front of the camera.

Fuddjcal
09-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I like his Fonzie voice and "disgusted" rambling approach. I think it's rather compelling. I notice that he is starting to show the "real" autograph now in comparison to the fake GAI globals, stat, bursczzzzzk and such, which is a good education, but probably not enough. He always says "he's not here to educate", but he may be softening that approach after watching him interject some real autos along side the fakes on this one.

It looks rather straight forward, but I have figured out a little bit what to look for over the years, so I see it immediately and I'm far from an expert.

I wouldn't want to do anything to deter TT2 from further videos as he rants and raves where I don't have the balls.:D

murphusa
09-23-2010, 07:18 PM
how many novice autograph collectors are watching the vids. The wife who want to buy something nice for her husbands birthday? A kid starting a collection?

The guy on the vid, like alot of us here are only talking to the choir

And even with all of "our knowledge" how many of us have been stung

3and2
09-23-2010, 07:47 PM
I have a saved eBay search - Mantle autographs - omit (global, GAI, Stat). It makes searching so much better.

RichardSimon
09-24-2010, 01:09 PM

TATSR

Think about the fact that if he tells his audience what is wrong with the fakes that any forger out there will then try to correct the forgeries that they are producing.
Let us not do that, ok?
TT2 knows what he is talking about. Sometimes, you got to trust some people.
How many out there just send off their stuff to JSA or PSA and take their word for whatever they say?
Take TT2's word also.
He is not probably right, he is certainly right.
---

TATSR
09-24-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't think he has to reveal the secrets, but he keeps saying things like "This has a GAI COA. Would the new Global Authority pass this? Would PSA pass this? I don't think so!"

Why doesn't he send a bunch of those items in to find out? That would provide the "gotcha" moment that is convincing and compelling.

He keeps referring to Morales as Chris "never met an autograph he didn't like" Morales. Why doesn't he film himself faking some Mantles/Ruths and sending them to Morales for authentication. There's a "gotcha" moment. Without a gotcha, he's just loud and obnoxious.

RichardSimon
09-24-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't think he has to reveal the secrets, but he keeps saying things like "This has a GAI COA. Would the new Global Authority pass this? Would PSA pass this? I don't think so!"

Why doesn't he send a bunch of those items in to find out? That would provide the "gotcha" moment that is convincing and compelling.

He keeps referring to Morales as Chris "never met an autograph he didn't like" Morales. Why doesn't he film himself faking some Mantles/Ruths and sending them to Morales for authentication. There's a "gotcha" moment. Without a gotcha, he's just loud and obnoxious.

How would he send these items to PSA? He does not own them.
Should he waste money by doing that? He knows what the answer would be.
He does not a "gotcha" moment. He knows what he is talking about.

tinkereversandme
09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
The hobby is better off for having TT2. The problem with this business is that too many people are quiet about what is going on. There is no outrage as in some ways, we have no course of action since the laws do little to make these scumbags think it's illegal. If you continue to have success with something and it's illegal, why would you quit? When he tells you that it's a forgery because "he knows", it's because he is right. How about a speakerphone conversation with one of these crooked authenticators?

The bottomline is that WE all know who the crooks are, but the people buying don't and that's probably not his target audience...which is a shame.

Larry

3and2
09-28-2010, 05:21 PM
The hobby is better off for having TT2. The problem with this business is that too many people are quiet about what is going on. There is no outrage as in some ways, we have no course of action since the laws do little to make these scumbags think it's illegal. If you continue to have success with something and it's illegal, why would you quit? When he tells you that it's a forgery because "he knows", it's because he is right. How about a speakerphone conversation with one of these crooked authenticators?

The bottomline is that WE all know who the crooks are, but the people buying don't and that's probably not his target audience...which is a shame.

Larry

I go to a card show about twice a year. I would say at least 1/2 the tables w/ autographs have those crappy COA's (Global, Stat, Scoreboard, Burczyk, etc.) I look and just move on. Perhaps, it is time I (and perhaps the honest people need to take a stand).

How can we change the culture where a dealer just doesn't feel safe or comfortable to place these items out for sale?

Regards,
Anthony

CMIZ5290
09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
most of you have probably already seen it, but here is the tt2 follow-up video to the burczyk debacle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bgm5tjkgpu&feature=sub

it clearly implicates mike baker and gai global as a farce that it has become. Mike baker needs to step up and "splain" himself. For him to still be respected after all these fakes have flooded the market he owes the collecting public and his "friends" at e-bay an explanation. That idiot nascar gai guy is a crook too, and has bragged of their cozy relationship with e-bay security team.

It's time that e-bay kicks global out of bed and exposes them for the pathetic job they have done in protecting their credibility which is currently at zero. 99.9% gai product on e-bay on the big three baseball are fake. Every time i look at the new listings and see gai l@@k, or gai wow, i know it's another fake that is being backed by e-bay and the collectors are so stupid they don't know the difference. Thanks e-bay

wow are you so right! And what's pathetic, when they first came out, there cards were bringing a small premium over psa! I almost classify them now as one step below pro graders and csa.

CMIZ5290
09-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Boy are you ever right. What's incredible is when they first came out, there cards were actually bringing a small premium over psa! What a joke. Now i consider them just a small notch above pro and csa graders. I have t206s that are only worth a fraction of what i paid when they were first graded. Thanks mike baker!

danc
09-30-2010, 02:54 PM
The thing I most enjoy about shows (I go to 3-4 major ones per year) is that there is an absense of "cruddy authenticating certs". I saw a few bad GAI, but I don't think I have ever seen a STAT or CM or NB cert "in person". I did see a binder full of GAI Mickey Mantle signed 8x10's. The guy wanted $100 for those or $300 for the PSA/DNA ones. That should tell you something. Slowly word is getting out there about Global and kudos for TomTerrific2 to get the word out on a colorful rant.

DanC