PDA

View Full Version : Perez Steele

Big Six
09-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Trying to get a feel for who does what on here so thanks in advance for your patience as I throw random posts out...

I got hooked on Perez Steele postcards over twenty years ago and have two near complete sets (I stupidly didn't order the 15th Series back when I could, so I have purchased one non-match set of Series 15)...the other set is same-number through 14th Series. Also have two Celebration sets. Most importantly though is I've been collecting all the signed Hall of Famers I can get my hands on, preferably in person.

At this point I have 84 different Hall of Famers and need only Lyons, Cronin, Greenburg, Roush, Grimes, Ruffing, Waner, Campy, Coveleski, Hoyt, Paige, Kelly, Averill, Lopez, Alston, Reggie, Ashburn, Fox, Lasorda, Doby & Puckett. I plan on getting Reggie and Lasorda in person but the rest are obviously going to take a while to either find and/or afford.

I've also tried to use the Great Moments cards to get multiple signatures for major award winners/milestones like Cy Young Award (Cy Young), ROY (Jackie Robinson) and 3000 Hit Club (Cap Anson). My first Cy Young is below.

Other than that, I have a couple that I've had signed by players/people other than who is being depicted...any suggestions would be appreciated (and yes, I have a Rose-signed Ty Cobb postcard already). Thanks for reading...

mr2686
09-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Matt,

First off, I love the idea of having multiple Cy Young winners sign the Great Moments card...that's really cool.
I've been a fan of the PS cards since they came out (not as big on the Celebration cards but they're growing on me).
For a long time I used the PS cards to mat along with autographs, but since it's now easier to find original photos of the players, I have gone back and replaced some of them...although I have decided to keep several since I like them so much. I also have a handful of PS/GM/Cele that are signed.
Good luck on your collection and here's a couple of Lopez's that I had signed during a private signing around 1990

HRBAKER
09-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Nice Young, neat idea. Which Fox are you talking about finding a signed P-S of? Nellie died in '75.

Big Six
09-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the catch Jeff...for some reason I had him on my list...guess this project just got a little bit closer to complete!!!

brooklynbaseball
09-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I too am attempting to complete a PS Hall of Fame set. I am down to a few of the newer players, Seaver, Fisk, Winfield, and the like. I was lucky enough to purchase a signed Paul Kerr card (former Pres? of the bb hof) which is probably the scarcest of the set. While many discount his card due to his not being a member of the hof, neither are the Perez or Steele families, or Mr Stack & Pres Bush. I do have a decent extra Ted Lyons, if you would like to discuss a purchase or trade, if you have any dupes of the cards I need.

Big Six
09-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Kerr is definately tuff! I can tell you that while I got my Fisk in person, he signs for $40 donation via his home address...feel free to pm me and I'll gladly share it with you...his turnaround is about a month...and its a tax write-off...:)