PDA

View Full Version : Questions...

tlwise12
09-22-2010, 09:04 PM
I've got a few questions...I usally collect cards, but wanting to expand to autographed ball (especially team balls)...

Are there any books that are a must have?

Any really good websites?

Is the book: Team Baseballs Artifacts of the Game (coauthored by James Spence) any good???

Lastly, anyone ever seen a Yankees team signed ball from the early 20s with Ruth and Baker on it together?

Thanks
Travis

RichardSimon
09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
I've got a few questions...I usally collect cards, but wanting to expand to autographed ball (especially team balls)...

Are there any books that are a must have?

Any really good websites?

Is the book: Team Baseballs Artifacts of the Game (coauthored by James Spence) any good???

Lastly, anyone ever seen a Yankees team signed ball from the early 20s with Ruth and Baker on it together?

Thanks
Travis

Team Baseballs by Baker , published by SCD in 1992. Lists rosters and key signatures. Prices are obviously outdated

No good websites to inform ball collectors, but you can check out my blog Autograph News and Notes at:
richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm

Don't know about Spence's book.

Never saw that ball.
--

tlwise12
09-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks Richard...

Travis

perezfan
09-23-2010, 08:45 AM

Thanks
Travis[/QUOTE]

Travis:

Get ready to start drooling. This is the only example I could find, given limited time to search...

http://huntauctions.com/LIVE/imageviewer_online.cfm?auction_num=17&lot_num=566&lot_qual=

tlwise12
09-23-2010, 09:24 AM
WOW!!! Thats amazing...when did it sell? (not that i could have afforded it)....

Now if i could just find one with the whole team...

Travis

Fuddjcal
09-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Team Baseballs by Baker , published by SCD in 1992. Lists rosters and key signatures. Prices are obviously outdated

No good websites to inform ball collectors, but you can check out my blog Autograph News and Notes at:
richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm

Don't know about Spence's book.

Never saw that ball.
--

A great blog it is too. Thanks Richard.

OPERATION BULLPEN is a must read for anyone starting to collect Sports Autographs. Personally, I'd recommend not buying a thing until you read this book and being able to recite the info from Richard's site verbatim:)

perezfan
09-23-2010, 10:54 AM
WOW!!! Thats amazing...when did it sell? (not that i could have afforded it)....

Now if i could just find one with the whole team...

Travis

Sold 7 years ago, via Hunt Auctions (October, 2003)