PDA

View Full Version : Graded Card Storage

margoaepi
09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
After about a 15 year absence I find myself getting back into card collecting. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to store graded cards?

T206Collector
09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
...go into a safety deposit box. The medium ones (15 or so) go in my fire proof box at home. And all the rest go 40 per card into the lovely boxes provided by SGC.

M's_Fan
09-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Get yourself a nice large safe (Ft. Knox, Canon, etc.) that is theft-proof and fireproof. That way you can enjoy your cards at home with peace of mind. You can also keep your other valuables and documents inside. SGC makes cardboard boxes to store your cards, but you can go to any store and find cheap plastic container boxes that will hold the cards.

tothrk
09-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Get yourself a nice large safe (Ft. Knox, Canon, etc.) that is theft-proof and fireproof. That way you can enjoy your cards at home with peace of mind. You can also keep your other valuables and documents inside. SGC makes cardboard boxes to store your cards, but you can go to any store and find cheap plastic container boxes that will hold the cards.

I have noticed that anything paper or cardboard-like seems to retain moisture in my safe. Any way to stop this? I now have a safe which I can't use.:confused:

Jim VB
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
There are several kinds of dehumidifiers you can buy, both manual and electric.