PDA

View Full Version : my first real crack at a website....

bbcard1
09-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Well, the T205 Project is underway. Marc traded me a bunch of skins and off I went.

In an effort for this old dog to learn new tricks, I decided to do a website. It is pretty much my first "from scratch" effort using a wordpress template. It is by no means finished...I am going to add a few pages and keep it updated, but it has been almost as interesting of an experience as has been my first steps toward building the set.

Check it out...and help is always appreciated.

www.bbcard1.com/205 (http://www.bbcard1.com/205)

steve B
09-18-2010, 09:32 PM
The site looks really good. It just needs a gallery to show off the cards.

What are those holders? They look pretty nice with the fancy frames of the T-205s.

Steve B

ethicsprof
09-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Congrats!
great work.
thanks for sharing. i love your seeking the beauty of the ugly,worn,and creased, as you put it.

best,
barry

3-2-count
09-19-2010, 12:51 AM
Nice job Todd. Looks great......

bbcard1
09-19-2010, 06:02 AM
My two future pages are:

1) a gallery. I am still early in the process of putting everything together so far as putting the cards in the holders...I could really knock most of them out if I could find a day, but it's not happening anytime soon and

2) the process of putting the cards in the frames. I created the card background in photoshop. I have done that for cards for a number of years (which is why I don't buy slabbed cards). It allows creating creativity with collecting. I will probably include a download for anyone who wishes to use it.

Thanks for the encouragement.

cdn_collector
09-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Great start on the site. I look forward to being able to see a gallery ;)

Oh, and good idea about doing a front-only set. Somehow I'd never considered that before, but that sure eliminates a lot of really expensive variations.

Good luck with the set and the site!

Regards,

Richard.

makersmarkambassador
09-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Site looks great...

Wordpress is awesome isnt it..lol