PDA

View Full Version : Information about MEARS

arexcrooke
09-18-2010, 12:35 PM
I was browsing through their recent auction results and was looking at some items.
It seems that MEARS is a very reputable establishment. But, with me being very new in the hobby, knowing nothing about autographs, knowing that fakes and forgeries are a real issue, and wanting to know what auction houses are legitimate and which ones to be wary of, I ask the following question:
What can people tell me about MEARS and to expand the discussion, about other auction houses.

Thanks
Arex

slidekellyslide
09-18-2010, 01:43 PM
MEARS is very reputable. You should not hesitate to do business with them.

arexcrooke
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Ok, thanks.
And can I assume that if an item is coming from MEARS and has a JSA LOA I can rest assured it is a legit auto?

slidekellyslide
09-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Ok, thanks.
And can I assume that if an item is coming from MEARS and has a JSA LOA I can rest assured it is a legit auto?

I don't know how anyone can be sure an auto is legit unless they got it themselves...now you can be pretty sure that your re-sale value of your auto will be okay if it comes with a JSA LOA.

HRBAKER
09-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Ok, thanks.

IMO all you can be sure of is that in their opinion there's a good chance it is. Whether that's enough comfort you, only you can tell.