PDA

View Full Version : Tris Speaker Minor League Team Photo

bcbgcbrcb
09-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Does anyone know of the existance of an ORIGINAL Tris Speaker minor league team photo/postcard from any of these three teams (other than those found in the Reach/Spalding BB Guides):

1906 Cleburne
1907 Houston
1908 Little Rock

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-Phil

slidekellyslide
09-17-2010, 09:15 AM
I have seen a 1908 Little Rock postcard with Speaker...it's been many years so I don't recall where I saw it, but I know that one exists. And if I recall it was a composite type photo on the postcard.

bcbgcbrcb
09-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Interesting to note, Dan, thanks for that info.

Would you recall if it could have been a Burke-type of postcard that was printed many years later using photos from an earlier era as I know he did that with a lot of Reach/Spalding BB Guide team composite photos? Hopefully that was not the case and there is a real original out there somewhere.

slidekellyslide
09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
It was definitely not Burke...I'm almost sure it was a local photographer that made up the postcard out of studio shots.

Shoeless Moe
09-17-2010, 10:52 AM
I have a game used ball from Cleveland - St Louis Browns game 1923 Tris Speaker played in if anyone has interest.

I know that has nothing to do with the price of tea in China & your initial thread, but I'm just saying.