PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Identifying Wagner Photo.

Mac927
09-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Hello all,

I am not exactly sure what this photograph is but I know it is possibly from Carl Horner. It is the famous T206 pose, but what gets me is the size of it. I would say it is approx 8 x 10 inches itself and the total size including the frame is approx 16 X 14. It is inside an old frame as you can see from the pictures. I know that the Carl Horner cabinets measure about 5 1/2 x 7 inches long. It has some wear and almost looks like it is starting to flake and has what appears to be some heat damage as well. Just curious as to what this might be. Very interesting piece but I am just not quite sure. Thought I would get some feedback. Thanks.

Leon
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Neat photo. Is the photo underneath the green mount or what is the situation with it? Maybe there is a name inscribed on the photo that can't be seen? It resembles a Horner photo if it isn't one. regards

3-2-count
09-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Can you take it out of the frame and matte and take clearer larger pics?

prewarsports
09-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Impossible to tell without seeing it person, but it looks like an item that was either made recently or a large print from a magazine or something. The largest original Horner photos of individuals I have ever seen are about 8X6 inches and it does not look like an actual photograph from the time period. It is a cool display though.

Rhys