PDA

View Full Version : New here again. Have some questions

tab
09-14-2010, 06:14 PM
thought I'd start out saing Hello!! I'm 28 and have been SLOWLY collecting
t206's for a few years. I really like the set and have just been buying the cards I like and some diff backs. I was registered on here i think. It seems maybe this forum changed a bit?? Anyways, I have enjoyed reading on here in the past and have even bought a few cards from some of you on here.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows anywhere around the Stl,Missouri area that buys t206's? I have a very small collection (28cards) that I NEED to sell. I know I can put them on EBAY but I have never sold anything on Ebay. I have only bought Items on ebay.

I do know of the For Sale section on this site but figured I would wait and make sure it was ok for me to post in that section since I am a newly registered. I need to do some more reading of the rules.

The reason I need to sell my small collection is that I have recently been divorced and I'm trying to get some debts payed off so I can get a fresh start in life. I'm sure I will get back into it later on in life.:(

So...if anyone knows of anyone or any place that buys t206 cards let me know.
Thanks
Travis

BobbyVCP
09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Set up an account on GrandSlamBids and sell it there if you don't want to use eBay.

iggyman
09-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Travis,

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. Hang in there! Hopefully, you won't regret this decision, so sleep on it for a night or three. Luckily, T206 cards are relatively common cards and have been known to fall out of attics.

Your best bet is a straight sale on the Net54 B/S/T board (assuming you have a good handle on T206 prices and value). If not, eBay is your next best bet if you want to maximize your profits. Start everything at .99 cents and let mother nature handle the rest. I wouldn't go the dealer/collector route. Good luck and see you real soon.

Lovely Day...

tab
09-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I have thought about it for sometime now and know I won't regret selling them. I just want to get out of debt as fast as I can. I have also been getting out of some other hobbies at the moment so I can raise money. Right now the only thing important to me is my family, our health and getting everything back on track.

As far as posting them for sale on here. I would need to do a little research before posting them on here. It's been a year or two since I have bought any cards I believe.

I have a few harder to get backs, psa1's and psa3's, a couple sgc graded and some raw cards.