PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone visited Gar Miller's website of late?

Howe’s Hunter
09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
With the mention of him in another thread, I thought I would visit his site for the first time in about three years. But I got a block from Google that instead delivered the following message:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for garmillercards.com

What is the current listing status for garmillercards.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-08-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-30.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including tipp24games.org/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS27473 (CIHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, garmillercards.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

So, if anyone has a way of getting Gar a message, other than through his website, it might be good to let him know that at least some are being blocked from visiting his website.

buymycards
09-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I have tried visiting his site several times over the past few months. I always get the same warning.

Rick

bh3443
09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I was on the site several times today and yesterday. Yahoo search brought me in without a problem. It's jot some nice cards listed as well as having a random offering bargain page.

cdn_collector
09-10-2010, 03:54 PM
That stupid message has been a thorn in my side for a few months now. I'm the guy that put this site together a few years ago and still help Gar out when he needs a hand from time-to-time. Working on this site for Gar is what got me interested in pre-war baseball cards.

That said -- and I apologize for the techno-babble -- something keeps injecting some Javascript into the main page of that site and that is what's triggering that warning. I've 'fixed' the problem half a dozen times. It's on my to-do list to fix it again tonight and contact the host again about preventing it from happening. What's especially annoying is that if you visit Gar's site through the other [primary] domain: http://www.baseball-cards.net you don't get the error/warning even though you are literally viewing the exact same page/file.

Long story short, visit http://www.baseball-cards.net and you won't see that problem.

Regards,

Richard.

ethicsprof
09-10-2010, 11:59 PM
i've bought a number of great cards from Gar over the years, particularly when i was 'taming' the Monster.
i do hope that he's doing well and this is just one of those weird computer things as folks are suggesting, Ed.

best,

barry

BlueDevil89
09-11-2010, 06:07 AM
I can confirm that Gar Miller is well and still actively buying and selling vintage baseball cards. I noticed that in recent months he has added a section for graded cards to his site. Gar is one of the founding fathers of the hobby. If you haven't been on his site lately, it's worth visiting.

cdn_collector
09-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Got an email from Gar this morning, and things are well. He says he wishes the Phils had a slightly larger lead over the Braves though ;)

And for anyone whose checking, that error has been removed from Gar's site as of this morning. Hopefully it's gone for good this time.

Regards,

Richard.

3-2-count
09-11-2010, 10:24 AM
For those who have dealt with Gar, does he have an option to view scans of specific items for sale on his site or would you need to email him for those?

cdn_collector
09-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Tony -- you'd have to shoot him an email to ask for specific scans.

Regards,

Richard.

ethicsprof
09-11-2010, 12:02 PM
i'm mighty pleased to hear that he's doing well!!

best,

barry

3-2-count
09-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks Richard!!!