PDA

View Full Version : Reliable Auction House? "Alexander Autographs"

nameless
09-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Just curious if anyone has bought anything or heard about this auction house:
http://www.alexautographs.com/
Looking at some items that were bough from this auction house previously. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Dudes,
-jj

gnaz01
09-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Just curious if anyone has bought anything or heard about this auction house:
http://www.alexautographs.com/
Looking at some items that were bough from this auction house previously. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Dudes,
-jj

Yes they are very reliable and I have dealt with them over the years and have found them very reliable and honorable, IMO

nameless
09-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Thank you very much for the information. They do look legit and I haven't found anything bad about them online. Again thanks for the insight.

balltrash
09-07-2010, 10:50 AM
edited to say:

I had posted a more detailed explanation of a situation that I encountered with them but though about it and figured it best to leave out the specifics. I would say that according to their terms of sale, if you buy an item that comes with a problem be prepared to pay (2) different outside third party authenticators for paperwork before they will accept the return. Years back it cost me over $300 in fees (not counting postage) to rectify an issue.

nameless
09-07-2010, 12:37 PM
That sucks. If you want to let me know the details please PM me. I bought an autograph at a yard sale this past weekend and it has a letter from the auction house I described. The autograph does look authentic and looking at the site I was inclined to browse their catalog. Thanks for the insight I will keep this in mind.

RichardSimon
09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I believe they are quite reliable as far as the quality of their catalog goes.
And Bill, the owner, is one of those guys who is actually involved in the fight to keep the autograph business clean.
--

Vintagedegu
09-07-2010, 08:28 PM
-

nameless
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Very cool feedback. The way I see it and have read... why should JSA be the authority on this matter? I bet if I were to through this auto on ebay I would fetch less for it than if it was JSA encapsulated.... I think it sucks that grading is becoming such bs these days. Anyways thanks for the feedback and I am glad to get a cool auto at a great price!