PDA

View Full Version : another way to package up fake cards

Thrill-of-the-Hunt
09-02-2010, 07:34 PM
if this guy has been outed already sorry about the new post. he is selling these "gems" and only in america (and ebay to) can a person pull in a couple hundred bucks a month with this stuff. see link

http://cgi.ebay.com/1933-Goudey-106-Napoleon-Lajoie-VG-EX-4-5-rp-/170535499939?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item27b4b538a3

if you check completed listings they are selling. also, he keeps his sales private on the feedback.

Bridwell
09-02-2010, 07:44 PM
He lists them as reprints in the fine print but a novice collector could overlook that and get ripped off.

rdixon1208
09-02-2010, 07:47 PM
He also has RP at the end of the title and item description. I think the slab is tacky, but otherwise I don't see anything really wrong with it.

Matthew H
09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I seriously doubt anyone thinks they're getting real cards from this guy.

You can buy those slabs (they snap together). They come with a lined paper tape seal. They look horrible.

hunterdutchess
09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
I bought one of these a few weeks ago and it says reprint on the back of the slab. I dont think he is trying to rip anyone off. If anyone thinks it's a authentic card then they need there eyes checked.

Vol
09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Still, it would be nice if these folks would just come out and make it crystal clear.

ibuysportsephemera
09-03-2010, 05:12 AM
The realized prices on his completed auctions show that most buyers are aware that these are reprints.

joeadcock
09-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Is that duct tape at bottom of the slab?

Doug
09-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Still, it would be nice if these folks would just come out and make it crystal clear.

Better yet it would be nice if people quit selling them altogether and just stuck to real cards.

frankb22
09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
The listing states that the card has been "professionally graded".

What company grades and then slabs in a very obvious attempt
to look like a PSA item?

BlueDevil89
09-04-2010, 01:35 PM
It's a terrible scam he's pulling. When the person receives the card and realizes that they've been duped into buying reprint, he will refund the money if they complain and file a dispute. But for those less sophisticated collectors, he's getting away with ripping them off. If you check his feedback you can see that he's been successful on occasion and has been caught on occasion. He's been reported to eBay several times, but they still let him pull the stunt over and over listing reprint in the fine print and using the line "THE ITEM YOU SEE IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE".

Any way you look at it, it is a scam aimed at deceiving people into purchasing reprints when they think their getting originals. I don't know how some people live with themselves.