PDA

View Full Version : 1926 Bicycle Cards NY Giants Sked

Wite3
08-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Anybody have any info. on this or seen one sell before...wondering what a fair price is for one.

Joshua

Leon
08-25-2010, 07:54 AM
I am not sure exactly the type you are speaking of but I do follow early 20th century baseball related cards and game cards a little bit. If it is fairly generic it has minimal value ( a few dollars ). Even with the schedule it's not too valuable. Now, if it has a generic baseball player it's worth a few dollars more....and if it's a named player then it could be worth much more, depending on the player. Hope this helps a little bit....

Wite3
08-25-2010, 10:58 PM
I wish I had a scan but it looks like a pack of bicycle playing cards that opens up to the NY giants schedule. Fairly neat item but I did not think it was worth too much...if I do manage to get it, I will scan it for all to see.

Oldtix
08-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Many years ago, I had a similar deck of Bicycle advertising cards. They were joined by a metal rivet-like piece in a lower corner so you could fan them out like a magician. Every back had a different design to show the type of advertising options bicycle could print for you.

Among the printed fronts were individual baseball schedule cards for every pro team for the 1898 season. I have a photocopy stashed someone; I'll post it if I find it. I believe I sold it at the first Atlanta National.