PDA

View Full Version : O/T: This month's SMR Set Registry Article

t206hound
08-20-2010, 04:14 PM
I always find it hard to believe when these sorts of things make it through cycles of review (well, maybe I shouldn't as I'm in the software industry and embarrassing things make it through there all the time)...

The title of this months article:
"Andrew Dawson: The Hawk Lands in Cooperstown"

I never knew Andre was short for Andrew... :D

Rob D.
08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Erick,

As a former copy editor, I think I'm more critical than most when it comes to things like this. But conceding that, sometimes I can only shake my head at the things I see in print. I simply can't imagine what it will be like in another 20 years, when this texting generation that relies on short-hand, abbreviations and sentence fragments is entrusted with the written word in our periodicals, advertisements and other communications. I'll likely just be ROFL.

barrysloate
08-20-2010, 07:04 PM
There are still plenty of students who will graduate from the finest colleges and be as literate as their predecessors. But there will also be a large part of the population that will not be able to read and write properly, and probably won't care.

Rob D.
08-20-2010, 07:13 PM
There are still plenty of students who will graduate from the finest colleges and be as literate as their predecessors. But there will also be a large part of the population that will not be able to read and write properly, and probably won't care.

You mean tenured graduates from unnamed Ivy League schools?

Oh yeah, the future looks bright.

Yankeefan51
08-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Rob D

We trust that you are not referring to us.

Should you wish a copy of our Ivy diplomas, please
send a check to us for $10,000.

Sir Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List