PDA

View Full Version : Question for TICKET STUB SUBMITTERS? Advice?

bobbyw8469
08-19-2010, 07:16 AM
I have a question for all the ticket graders. I have never submitted any tickets for grading, but was thinking of subbing some next month. My question is this- Do most of you ticket graders just get them authenticated or do you also assign a numerical grade with the ticket? Is it only recommend to get the number grade if they will grade out, say 8 or above? Thanks for all your help!

36GoudeyMan
08-19-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm just doing WS tickets, and I prefer stubs (so I have a pretty good chance of getting a ticket that was actually at the game, rather than a full ticket which wasn't), and, because its a stub, I don't ask PSA for anything but authentication... in fact, I'm not sure PSA grades stubs, but if they did, I wouldn't bother... I'd lean towards grading numerically for full tickets, accounting for age and scarcity (a newer ticket below an 8 isn't worth grading; a 1926 WS full ticket in any grade is probably worth it), authentic only for stubs.. just my 2 cents.. good luck!!!

Scott Garner
08-20-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm just doing WS tickets, and I prefer stubs (so I have a pretty good chance of getting a ticket that was actually at the game, rather than a full ticket which wasn't), and, because its a stub, I don't ask PSA for anything but authentication... in fact, I'm not sure PSA grades stubs, but if they did, I wouldn't bother... I'd lean towards grading numerically for full tickets, accounting for age and scarcity (a newer ticket below an 8 isn't worth grading; a 1926 WS full ticket in any grade is probably
worth it), authentic only for stubs.. just my 2 cents.. good luck!!!

Bobby,
I agree with much of 36GoudeyMan's comments, but I would also ask you in advance what you plan on having slabbed?

I'm not a huge fan of PSA, but IMHO I feel that what the item is can be important with regards to whether or not you want to spend the money to have it graded or authenticated. Scarcity and potential value of the ticket should be considered. Some examples to possibly consider grading/authenticating might be vintage tickets from these types of historic games: 3000th hits, 500th HR's, 300th wins, older All Star game tickets and World Series tickets as the previous member mentioned. Slabbing a modern ticket that's readily available doesn't make a lot of sense since there's a reasonably significant cost involved....

I hope you find this helpful.

bobbyw8469
08-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks...they are World Series XI full tickets as well as old Rose Bowl full tickets...