PDA

View Full Version : Jim Delehanty Stall and Dean Bat questions

aelefson
08-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi-
I recently acquired a 33 inch long Stall and Dean (12) Jim Delehanty signature model bat scanned and pictured below, and I have a few questions regarding it. Sorry for the poorly cropped photos and poor scan. I can try to get better pictures later this week.
The questions I have are similar to ones posed by Dan B on the Game Used forum in 2006. I am hoping additional information can be provided regarding this bat, and early Stall and Dean models in particular.

1. Any idea what approximate year this bat is from? Was it definitely made during his playing days?
2. I assume this is a store model bat. Are there any other signature style store model bats made by Stall and Dean from this era? I ask this specifically because Dan's thread from 2006 elicited a handful of decal bats from Stall and Dean, but none with the signature on the end like mine and Dan's.
3. Are there any game used Stall and Dean bats in the hobby? What do they look like?
4. Specifically for Dan, is yours the same length (33 inches) and does yours have a number 12 below Stall and Dean?

Any other information regarding Stall and Dean bats from this era would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

slidekellyslide
08-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey Alan, nice find...mine did have the 12 underneath the Stall and Dean...I don't remember the length. I sold it a few years back...there are not many signature model bats from S&D...I believe there was a Ping Bodie and an Eddie Collins, but I'm not sure I've heard of any others.

Where'd you find yours?

aelefson
08-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks Dan! I really appreciate the information. I found the bat at a flea market I frequent in New Hampshire, but the dealer was not one of the regulars (he only sets up a couple of times a year). I believe he bought it in Northern New Hampshire or Maine.
Alan

MGHPro
08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Alan,
I have a Delahanty like yours, maybe I bought it from Dan, I dont remember. It measures 32 3/4. Both that one and the decal I have, have 12 underneath the brand. Eddie Collins, Tris Speaker, Ping Bodie are the others I know of. I dont think any game used ones are known to exist.
Matt