PDA

View Full Version : BBB ratings and PSA

shapirod
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
I am posting on this topic because a similar situation happened to a business I was close to a few years ago. In order for a rating to fall to an F, the business basically has to not respond to multiple BBB notifications and/or have multiple CONFIRMED violations.

In our case (and it seems same happened to PSA based on recent rating change back up to A-), the BBB notifications were sent to an incorrect address so our first indication of an issue was from one of our customers who inquired regarding our rating change with BBB.

Once we received the inquiries, all items were promptly addressed to the satisfaction of BBB and our customers/suppliers in order to return our rating to a B+. When I checked earlier today, PSA was at an A- so they must have done a better job than we were able to.

I think BBB is a great way to get the word out on bad businesses so that those businesses can't continue to operate unethically with anonymity. For that exact reason, I'm also a huge supporter of speaking up on behalf of businesses who are wrongly or temporarily grouped in with the bad apples.

I haven't had direct interaction with PSA but reading the other threads on this topic I wanted to get the word out given a similar and unfairly crippling experience I had to go through.

drc
08-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Good point to know.

Leon
08-18-2010, 12:37 PM
So what does PSA have to say about the half million dollar card that is an alleged fake and encapsulated with a number in their coffee table book or the alleged trimmed Wagner in an 8 holder? Clearing those things up would be a good start for them to better their name. :) regards

WhenItWasAHobby
08-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I've had this link bookmarked for quite a long time. As best as I can recall this rating fluctuated between C and F for at least 3 years. Why their rating jumped to an A- within the past 4 weeks seems strange to me - especially when 3 of the 4 reviews shown do not put the company in a very favorable light.

http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/Professional-Sports-Authenticator-205873147

Here's another link regarding someone who followed their BBB rating over a longer period of time:

http://richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm