PDA

View Full Version : T206 Uzit vs. Red Hindu

Blunder19
08-15-2010, 09:59 PM
I was wondering why it is thought that no T206 card with a red hindu back can also have an Uzit back... I was reading some information on T206s .."Inside T206"...

It lists many players that come with a red hindu back and an uzit back...

Any thoughts on if it is possible with the players they list as it is possible.. namely:

Cobb Bat off shoulder
Downey (Batting)
Leifield (Batting)
Manning (Pitching)
Seymour (Throwing)
Bender no trees
Burch fielding

Are all of these incorrect? They are all listed as having both..

Jamie

frohme
08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey Jamie,

I can't comment on any but the Leifield, where there was some discussion (Scot, Ted) on an earlier thread (http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=121773&highlight=Leifield+Red+Hindu) of yours. Looks like the evidence for the Leifield may be suspect, but it is - at least - more than a single report (albeit a single source).

--
Mike

tedzan
08-16-2010, 01:00 AM
1st......I will answer your question......
"Are all of these incorrect? They are all listed as having both."

Yes, they are incorrect....these cards were printed with either a Red HINDU back or a UZIT back. I have researched this.

These T206 subjects you have listed......are 350/460 series cards

Cobb Bat off shoulder
Downey (Batting)
Leifield (Batting)
Manning (Pitching)
Seymour (Throwing)
Bender no trees
Burch fielding

In this series, cards printed with Red HINDU backs will NOT be found with UZIT backs....and, vice-versa. These 2 backs
are mutually exclusive in this series of T206's. All this was elaborated on in a thread on Net54 six months ago.

Furthermore, there exists "match pairs" with Red HINDU and BROAD LEAF 460 cards. Here is the link for the info on this
subject......
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=120453&highlight=American+beauty+Uzit&page=4

Similarly, there exists "match pairs" with AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT cards. This too, was elaborated on in a thread
on Net54 six months ago. Here is the link to that info......

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=124927&highlight=american+beauty+460&page=2

Regarding the cards you are referring to, here are their confirmed backs with respect to Red HINDU or UZIT......

T206's with AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT

Burch (fielding)
Cobb (bat off shoulder)
Leifield (batting)
Manning (pitching)

T206's with BROAD LEAF 460 and Red HINDU

Downey (batting)
Seymour (throwing)

T206 with Red HINDU

Bender (no trees)

Any more questions on the mutual exclusivity of Red HINDU vs UZIT cards in the 350/460 series, feel free to ask.
Or, any other questions regarding AB 460, BL 460, Red HINDU & UZIT cards.

TED Z

bbcard1
08-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Uzit vs. Red Hindu sounds like the undercard of a professional wrestling match.

sreader3
08-16-2010, 09:01 PM
In compiling the superset checklist data for the most recent version of Inside T206, I relied on input from the collecting community, especially for the more difficult backs. Some of the reports that I received were in error. Over the last 18 months, Ted has done a great job to crystallize the superset checklist. Perhaps sometime in the next couple of years I will issue an update to Inside T206 that, drawing on Ted's fine research, will have a superset checklist that is more reliable.

Abravefan11
08-16-2010, 09:37 PM
I was wondering why it is thought that no T206 card with a red hindu back can also have an Uzit back.

When ALC ran the print run for the Red Hindu, Uzit, Broad Leaf 460, and American Beauty 460 cards they first printed sheets of just the front images. They then took those sheets and split them into two groups. Group A had Broad Leaf 460 and Red Hindu advertisements applied to the back. Group B had American Beauty 460 and Uzit advertisements applied to the back.

Within a printing group like these a players front image may be duplicated on a sheet but not on multiple sheets. So if a players front image is found in the Group A backs he won't be found with a Group B backs and visa versa.