PDA

View Full Version : Another Real or Fake?

timber63401
08-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Just starting to get into pre-war. TRying to learn, if this is fake can someone also tell me why and what to look for. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1935-Diamond-Stars-Rogers-Hornsby-Centered-Nice-/160466279396?pt=US_Baseball

jabiloxi
08-16-2010, 01:58 AM
I just took a quick look, and its late, but I am going with real. I say look at a lot of cards from whatever set you are interested in, buy from dealers who have good reputations over long periods of time, if you feel weird about a card, don't bid. There are lots of good deals available on Diamond Stars and Goudeys right now especially on Ebay, but maybe buy some graded cards first and study them, and then you can make more informed purchases later in the Raw cards.

iggyman
08-16-2010, 09:39 AM
The card looks 99.9% legit. But keep in mind that one cannot be 100% certain without the card in hand and Diamond Stars are not really my cup of tea.

My only advice is to "always" use your credit card and always pay with paypal when dealing with a questionable card or seller. That will give you piece of mind, since you are covered two ways (by paypal and your credit card company). At the end of the day, common sense, experience, a back light and a loupe are your best defenses.

Lovely Day...

Bridwell
08-16-2010, 07:25 PM
The card looks real to me. Nice card, with one wrinkle. Good luck on the bidding.