PDA

View Full Version : Sports & Pastimes Golf card

jeromebelasco
08-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi to Everyone from Lincoln, England,
Just joined the forum.
I have collected tobacco and trade cards for near on 30 years and my latest little project is to collect the #6 Golf card from all 14 different issuers of Sports and Pastimes. Anybody out there have any thoughts on my chances of getting them all??
Thanks in advance!!

bijoem
08-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Hello Jerome,

Welcome to the forum!

That sounds like a great challenge and will be a great collection when you put them all together.

I am not familiar with the 14 different issues.
I believe there is Taddy, Miranda,..... what are the other 12?

I haven't really kept an eye out for those cards - so I am not really sure how difficult this will be, but I hope you get there.

Please post images as you chip away at this challenge.

Regards,
Joe

jeromebelasco
08-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Hi Joe,
Thanks for the reply.
You are correct about Taddy and Miranda, the others are Hudden,Redford,Collins,Goodbody,Teofani,Bucktrout, Sandorides (all tobaco firms), Almond (Bread Maker),Edmondson (Confectionery),Evershed and Sword and a plain backed one also attributed to Teofani. Dates also vary ranging from 1906 for the Redford to 1926 for Hudden and Sword. As far as I'm concerned the Redford is by far the hardest to acquire and has the highest catalogue in Murrays guide, but all carry a premium as expected. My original task was to see if I could get the same number card in all 14 backs, I picked #15 Polo as I was lucky enough to buy the Redfords one, currently I have 8. I avoided the Golf card as I didn't think I would ever see the Redford one but changed my mind pretty quickly when I bought one recently, so the quest begins.