PDA

View Full Version : T206 By Regions

Hot Springs Bathers
08-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I have always been curious as to the reach of distribution for many of the "T" card series with the T206 set of particular interest.

Living in Arkansas and collecting since the mid-70s I have only found two groups of tobacco cards that I believe to be indigenous to the region. One group of around 250 had 135 T206s with 37 southern leaguers, 22 T205s, 3 T210s and the rest actresses and assorted T issues. The second I only got in on part of and it had around 200 T205s when I saw it and a handful of T206s. The last group also had a near run of Spalding & Reach guides plus bound volumes of The Sporting News from 1886 thru 1933.

Did the T206 set reach most states or was it confined to east of the Mississippi? Did it reach from coast to coast? I am curious about the other "T" issues plus the "E" sets? Have there been any articles done on this?

I searched for an old thread on this topic and if I missed it I apologize.

ChiefBenderForever
08-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I haven't read anything I can really remember but have always assumed Piedmont and Sweet Caporal were distributed everywhere and others were more regional but have no idea. What I really am confused by is how Ty Cobb Tobacco was advertised in Grand Forks, ND ?