PDA

View Full Version : PSA and the BBB

RichardSimon
08-13-2010, 09:52 AM
PSA now has a grade of F from the Better Business Bureau. Same grade as Coaches Corner.
American Memorabilia has a D-
Imagine you take three entities in this hobby and group them together and American Memorabilia is the one standing head and shoulders above the rest.
Corection to the above -
I don't know if there was an error on the BBB site or if PSA corrected their problems but as of 8/21/10 the BBB rating for PSA is an A-. Coaches Corner is still an F and American Memorabilia is still a D-.
--

HRBAKER
08-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Doesn't surprise me but obviously it is irrelevant to most folks. :eek:

barrysloate
08-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Richard- do you know why PSA got such a low grade?

timzcardz
08-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Most likely related to unanswered complaints.

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Professional-Sports-Authenticator-13083567

RichardSimon
08-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Well Barry, my answer to your question is: probably because of their outstanding customer service.

The BBB website states the following about how they determine grades:

BBB experience with the industry in which the business operates
The business' length of time in operation
Whether BBB has information that the business does not have required competency license(s)
Any known government actions against the business that are related to marketplace activities
Any advertising issues found by BBB
The number of complaints processed by BBB from the business’ customers
The number of complaints processed by BBB from the business’ customers that are of a serious nature
Whether the business has responded to complaints received by BBB
Whether complaints have been resolved in a timely manner or the business has demonstrated it made a good faith effort to resolve them
Business’ overall complaint history with BBB
Whether the business has honored any commitments to BBB to arbitrate or mediate disputes and comply with arbitrator decisions or mediated settlements
Whether BBB has sufficient background information and clear understanding of business
Whether the business is a BBB Accredited Business
Whether BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards
Ratings are determined by a proprietary formula that represents BBB’s opinion as to (1) the importance of each category, and (2) the appropriate score given to the business for each category.
----

barrysloate
08-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Most of the complaints on this board regarding PSA have to do with the inconsistency of their grading. That of course would not even cross the BBB's radar (or would it?).

GrayGhost
08-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Coach's corner has an F? How is that possible?

http://www.aasportscollectibles.com/jacksonjball.htm

And the guys w the above link, I wonder what they got? Their autogaphs (some prob from the Coach's) are the most hideous Ive ever seen.

RichardSimon
08-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Most of the complaints on this board regarding PSA have to do with the inconsistency of their grading. That of course would not even cross the BBB's radar (or would it?).

I am sure it would not cross the BBB radar.