PDA

View Full Version : Bat question 1950-1960 H&B

t206hound
08-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I'll start off by saying I know nothing about bats... I'm a card collector. I was looking for a few flea market items (not necessarily baseball related) to place in a newly constructed built-in book case. I ran across some old bats and the guy only wanted two bucks, so I took them. I could make out Louisville Slugger on one of them.

The markings are very faded, but I was able to do a rubbing to see that the H&B "logo" matches the 1950-1960 as listed here: http://hofbats.com/id.html

On the barrel, I can barely make out the "Louisville Slugger" marking and there appears to be someone's signature above it (I can see what appears to be a looping 'J', but that's it). The bottom of the knob says 33 (as in inches). I assume that this is a store bought model... any suggestions on how to make out the name on the barrel or further identifying the bat?

Thanks!

sicollector1954
08-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Your bat is a store model bat without looking based on the fact that a 33 (inches) appears on the knob. If you have pictures-I will be happy to look for you.
sicollector1954@comcast.net